Yahoo Veto Question? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Veto Question?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Veto Question?

Postby dipset » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:43 am

How many people have to Vote Against a trade for the trade to be vetoed in a yahoo 12 man league?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smee » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:18 am

I'm not quite sure, my guess would be a simple majority (7 people) but I don't know.

In some public leagues I've seen trades vetoed (multiple times at that) when I was sure that there weren't even 7 teams active.

Good question.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby suppasonic » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:30 am

I think it could be One- Third, so four people.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:24 pm

Yahoo wrote:A trade consists of one manager exchanging a player or players with another manager in the same league.

To propose a trade, go to your team page and select Propose Trade, which allows you to select the team and player(s) you wish to trade. An email will be sent to the other manager offering your proposed trade. That manager can then go to his/her team page to view the proposal, accept it, decline it or make a counter offer. There must be consent from both managers for a trade to be completed. If no action is taken in 10 days, the offer will automatically be canceled.

Please be sure to keep tabs on the trades that you have offered to other managers. So long as a trade is in the offered state, it can still be accepted. Therefore, there is a possibility that a trade is accepted after a player is injured, demoted, etc. Yahoo! Sports will not intervene in such events.

If your trade is rejected, you will receive an email notifying you of that result.

If a counter offer is made, you will receive an email detailing the new proposal.

If the offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified and managers/commissioners can review the deal. In a Public League, an objection of four or more managers within two days will veto the trade. In a Custom League, either the league managers or the commissioner have veto power for the length of time chosen during configuration.

If your Custom League is configured to use the League Vote option, 1/3 of the league managers must vote against the trade in order for it to be vetoed. For example, if your league has 12 teams, then four votes against the deal are needed to veto the trade.

This setting cannot be edited after the league's draft has been completed.

During the review period, trades are marked as pending. Once the trade has been accepted and the waiting period has finished, the trade will be processed (this can take up to 24 hours) and its results reflected on each team's roster and shown in the transaction log.

In order for a trade to be valid, all players involved must still be on the same team they were when the deal was accepted. If they are not, the trade will automatically be rejected. In order to prevent players involved in pending trades from being dropped or waived, managers will not be allowed to make any such transactions involving any players involved a trade once it has been accepted.

At no time will any manager be allowed to have more than five pending trades per league.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Baseball Leftovers