Nick Johnson: Underappreciated Stud. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nick Johnson: Underappreciated Stud.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:14 pm

rainman23 wrote:Those of you who are frustrated because you can't deal Johnson -- it's simple, really. Keep him and get rid of that other first baseman on your roster. If you're reluctant to do that because of the injury concern -- well, then, there's no great mystery why no one else is hot after him, right?

problem is.. my other 1st is Teixeira and I wont get full value if I trade him right now
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:18 pm

I don't know why people are dying to get rid of Johnson so bad? Honestly, I think a lot of people out-think the game. I have a guy in my league who does this all the time. He gets a guy cheap. The guy tears it up for him, then he deals him because he doesn't believe it'll continue. But more than half the time, he gets burned because the player keeps it up, or he deals for an under-performing guy (i.e. a Helton type guy) thinking he'll start tearing it up, only it rarely happens. Seriously, why ask why? Just be happy he's playing well and stick with him. Nick Johnson is a great player. He just needs to avoid injury. Don't try and get too cute. If your guy is playing, keep playing him.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers