Gagne back to DL likely - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gagne back to DL likely

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bcb » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm just saying that on the Dodgers board it was all about The End of the World as We Know It. The quote I pulled was the only positive vibe on the whole thread.

That said, I agree that his line looked great.
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:50 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Eric Gagne admitted his elbow was "a little sore and stiff" after converting his first save chance in nearly a year on Tuesday night.
Gagne was throwing 89-92 mph in the game, which was down from where he was on Friday. The Dodgers gave no indication that a return to the DL is in his future. He's probably going to pitch through whatever is ailing him now.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SmartassBoiler » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:58 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:Eric Gagne admitted his elbow was "a little sore and stiff" after converting his first save chance in nearly a year on Tuesday night.
Gagne was throwing 89-92 mph in the game, which was down from where he was on Friday. The Dodgers gave no indication that a return to the DL is in his future. He's probably going to pitch through whatever is ailing him now.

I read that too. Given he had several days of rest between Friday and last night, I'm a worried owner.
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WessWackos » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:38 pm

He needs time to strengthen the arm...and honestly...to think he'll be completely back to his previous NASTY self is foolish. He had surgery on the arm and he's older. He's on the downward side of things.

That being said. I'd like to publically thank the moron that dumped him to our WW!
WessWackos
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby j24jags » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:24 pm

He looked GREAT yesterday.
92 mph fastball, 81 mph change, 67 mph curve, he was flatout filthy 8-o
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Big Train » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:52 pm

MLB.com
LOS ANGELES -- Eric Gagne converted his first save in nearly a year on Tuesday night, but the grimace on his face and slow readings of the radar gun told the rest of the story.
Gagne admitted his elbow was "a little sore and stiff" after he put down the Mets in order in the ninth inning of the Dodgers' 8-5 win. Gagne underwent surgery on April 7 to remove a nerve and said he's still not 100 percent two months later, even after a two-game rehabilitation assignment and a one-inning return appearance at Dodger Stadium on Friday night.

Gagne struck out Carlos Delgado on a 2-2 fastball that had some life leading off the ninth. But on an 89-mph fastball to David Wright, Gagne appeared to experience discomfort as he bounced off the mound. He went on to strike out Wright on a changeup.

Endy Chavez flied out on a first-pitch changeup to end the game, but when catcher Russell Martin went out for a handshake, Gagne extended his glove and not his pitching hand. Gagne emerged from the trainer's room 30 minutes after the game still in his uniform.

Throughout his recovery, Gagne has spoken confidently that the surgery solved a problem that also resulted in an operation last summer. He had not mentioned soreness during the most recent recovery.

Although Gagne's discomfort was apparent, he continued to pitch, and nobody from the dugout went to the mound. He twice hit 92 mph with his fastball, but more often was around 89. Afterward, clubhouse comments were carefully worded.

"He got three outs. That's what we've been looking forward to seeing in a save situation," said manager Grady Little. "We look forward to it some more."

When it was suggested to Martin that Gagne grimaced throwing a pitch, the catcher deflected the question and told reporters to ask Gagne himself.

"He threw the ball really well, and hopefully it'll happen a bunch of times," Martin said. "He's a great competitor when he's out there, you can tell."
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

I HEARD GAGNE WAS HOLDING HIS FOREARM/ELBOW AFTER THE GAME..

Postby speedy12la » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:56 pm

IN PAIN LAST NIGHT. I HEARD IT DURING THE DODGERS POST GAME RADIO SHOW. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO THIS? IF SO, THATS NOT GOOD NEWS FOR GAGNE OWNERS

c-loduca, willingham
1b-konerko, broussard, shelton, m. jacobs
2b-iguchi, kinsler
ss-renteria, peralta
3b-d. wright
of- vlad, gomes, podsednik, sizemore, c. patterson, granderson, hermida
sp-liriano, verlander, wood, vasquez, b. meyers, prior
RP-papelbon, f. rodriguez, J. Isringhausen, c.ray, putz, coffey, gagne

HEAD TO HEAD-HR, R, RBI, SB, AVG W,K,S,ERA,WHIP
LIFETIME KEEPER LEAGUE
aint nottin but a gangsta party!!!
speedy12la
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NolascoForGod » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:43 pm

If that's true..it must be really horrible news for you...because besides him you only got Papelbon, K-Rod, Issy, Ray and Putz for saves, If Gagne is having problem you can kiss any hopes of you having an awesome set of closers good bye :-°
NolascoForGod
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cobbs87 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:54 pm

you forgot to mention coffee
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby 405z06 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:48 pm

I got a bad, bad, bad feeling about this.
405z06
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates