how much is too much to make up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

how much is too much to make up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how much is too much to make up?

Postby great gretzky » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:39 pm

I figure that i need to improve in the following pitching areas to contend/take the lead:

I am 25 innings under and four of the five ahead of me are hovering around fifty over.

I need to make up 7 wins, and move down .09 in era and move up .o2 in whip. I need to make up 120 k's, but it is hard to say with the people ahead of me, so disregard that.

i have the following starters:
schilling, zito, nomo, derek lowe, penny and an open spot to rotate in starters.

I also have six relievers, all of whom i can play:
kim, baez, donnelly, gordon, beck and mears.

Is this in the realm of possibility, thanks to everyones help I ahave moved up very very rapidly in my roto league. (11 teams)

I awas also wondering if it is more to my advantage to forgo mears' handful of saves (I am ten behind and will be comfortable ahead of the guy behind me soon) and pick up someone like mota who can help elsewhere.

thoughts?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:24 pm

Mota may get maybe 20-25 innings only the rest of the way so I doubt that he is going to help you. He will not give you enough to move your ERA and RATIO. Your starters will have the biggest impact the rest of the way. Pickup another strarter and let you staff fly.. try and grab those "Wins", but avoid the unfavorable matchups. With less than 2 months to go, you probably won't make up the k's, but tou should be able to catch up in Wins and ERA/Ratio. what I am doing right now is using my last roster spot as "Fodder" .. each night before I go to bed, I scan the wire. Look for a favorable pitching matchup, a bat starting in COL. that sort of thing, and then plug him in for the day. The next night scan again, same thing.

I am leading in saves and still nobody has picked up Mears in my league. I won't be either ,,
hop this helps
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:27 pm

sure its possible, i went from dead last to 4th place in a few days, thanks to rich harden and carlos lee, i'm sure if you have the right players. pick up another starter and concentrate on match-ups that are hopefully anaylized on this site.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:38 pm

LMAO ... I really need to start proof-reading more ..lol :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Grenade Teeth » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:02 pm

per K's, if you are 25 under and they are 50 over, that means you have 75 innings to make up ground, you would need 1.5 K per inning, (crazy Schilling outings from everyone) if they stay on pace....

but, if they don't use all their innings or fall off their pace you would need considerable less (1 K per inning is possible now that you have Schilling)

Number 1 Helpful Hint... and I'm sure you know this: Use all your innings and if you run out early, don't sweat it, because Schilling, Zito and others that could be in the postseason, may get rested down the stretch. in the same respect, be weary of trading for a Brave or Giant or anyone that could be rested after their team clinches.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers