PLEASE HELP A COMMISH OUT!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

PLEASE HELP A COMMISH OUT!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PLEASE HELP A COMMISH OUT!!!

Postby uucrook3d » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:30 am

ok i am in a league with friends. 12 team h2h 6X6 league with ops and holds. we are all knowledgable fantasy players. i am the commish of the league as the post title states and everytime i make a trade with the guy in last place (i am in third... barely) there is an outcry that i am robbing from the blind or something. we do a commish veto system, so i am the only one that can veto something but i have always said there will be no veto unless collusion or just horrible for the league. i have traded with this guy 3 times, two of which have been complained about. i still get crap about one from a couple of months ago and now i just traded with him again. please tell me if either of these trades are vetoable, but mainly the second one. and if you could say why on the second one because i would like to post a link to this for my leaguemates to read. thanks.

TRADE 1 (2 months ago and still getting crap on the board)

i give marcus giles, randy johnson, and matt holliday
i receive micheal young and k-rod

TRADE 2(last night, more important)
i give derrick turnbow, scott kazmir, and jeff franceur
i receive carlos lee, randy johnson, and prince fielder.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Howie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:35 am

your league isnt as knowledgeable as you think. those trades arent exactly even (you win), but they are not vetoable. does anyone in your league know how good matt holliday and scott kazmir actually are. those are the two wild cards in those deals that make the deals fair, but owners who dont know/trust those guys might say that those deals are unfair.
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby markj11 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:44 am

Those look ok to me. We have a rule that the team in six place becomes the comish of trades involving the comish.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:45 am

Whatever.

Everyone on this board is no veto crazy. Finding people to tell you that they wouldn't veto it is like finding someone who likes fish out of a herd of polar bears.

Deal with your league yourself.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:55 am

:-b

are you serious? your leaguemates are "knowledgable"? i dont think so. sounds more like the first year they're playing.

First trade: very fair trade here. K-rod has a bit more value than RJ right now, but right now id rather have Holliday and GIles over Young. While Young hasnt been tearing the cover off the ball, Holliday has become a fantasy force.

Second trade: not knowing either rosters, i cant say i wouldve done either one. seems like giving up pitching for hitting, im not a big fan of huge trades, but it is a fair one. so i wouldnt have vetoed it giving a chance.

Heres to your league mates: learn a thing or two before you bash your commish.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:59 am

not close to vetoable.

tell your league to try offering a trade to that team instead of crying like babies about you beating them to the punch.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby duckmonkey » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:02 pm

NOT vetoable.

Vetos should ONLY be used if cheating can be proven. If someone wants to weaken their team and get ripped off with their own permission, let them. It's their team.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Re: PLEASE HELP A COMMISH OUT!!!

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:13 pm

uucrook3d wrote:ok i am in a league with friends. 12 team h2h 6X6 league with ops and holds. we are all knowledgable fantasy players. i am the commish of the league as the post title states and everytime i make a trade with the guy in last place (i am in third... barely) there is an outcry that i am robbing from the blind or something. we do a commish veto system, so i am the only one that can veto something but i have always said there will be no veto unless collusion or just horrible for the league. i have traded with this guy 3 times, two of which have been complained about. i still get crap about one from a couple of months ago and now i just traded with him again. please tell me if either of these trades are vetoable, but mainly the second one. and if you could say why on the second one because i would like to post a link to this for my leaguemates to read. thanks.

TRADE 1 (2 months ago and still getting crap on the board)

i give marcus giles, randy johnson, and matt holliday
i receive micheal young and k-rod

TRADE 2(last night, more important)
i give derrick turnbow, scott kazmir, and jeff franceur
i receive carlos lee, randy johnson, and prince fielder.

Trade 1 you may have lost on by a bit actually. Holliday is tearing it up and M.Y. is not showing a lot of power.

Trade 2 is lopsided. Would not be so bad if Carlos Lee was not involved. Still not vetoable though as it is not badly lopsided.

I run 3 commish decides leagues for cash. I have always iimplemented a rule whereby any trade Iam involved in is judged by a Vice-Commish. If I and the Vice-Commish cut a deal, there is an "Assistant" Commish that rules. It avoids conflicts of interest. It also helps keep you honest as you know if you start to get too liberal or too conservative on trades someome else is going to apply the same standard to you.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:22 pm

Both of those trades are fair, your side gains a slight bit more but not enough to be vetoed. Whenever you make a trade you need to let your league vote on your trade. If they claim it's unfair jsut dont make the trade. I'd much rather keep my "freinds" than win my league.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:24 pm

Matthias wrote:Whatever.

Everyone on this board is no veto crazy. Finding people to tell you that they wouldn't veto it is like finding someone who likes fish out of a herd of polar bears.

Deal with your league yourself.

Rather than complaining, perhaps it would be better to explain why the people that believe in minimal vetoing are incorrect, if that's what you believe. As far as "Deal with your league yourself" comment, why would you say that? The purpose of the cafe is discussion and help. If I had a problem in a league, this is the first place I would come, because MOST of the people here are very knowledgeable, and polite.

As far as the original post goes, I agree that your league is either not as knowledgeable as you claim, or they have a vendetta against the commish. The 6th place commish idea is different, but it may be a good idea to just do what you think is right, as your veto judgement seems pretty good...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers