in 3rd of 12, looking for some minor changes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

in 3rd of 12, looking for some minor changes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcliffy2 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:49 pm

Thanks for the help....my only concern with Sexson is that we do OBP and going from a .400 OBP to a .300 (or less) OBP guy hurts. My keyboard fingers are twitching to pick up Huff...I just like Kemp so much...ahhh, at least its a good problem :)
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joselnceldran » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:56 pm

sexon is hot now id pick him up over kemp

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=221610
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcliffy2 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:04 pm

Unfortunately he was just snagged...couldn't bring myself to drop Johnshon...still debating on Huff...
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseball_fan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:38 pm

mcliffy2 wrote:Thanks for the help....my only concern with Sexson is that we do OBP and going from a .400 OBP to a .300 (or less) OBP guy hurts. My keyboard fingers are twitching to pick up Huff...I just like Kemp so much...ahhh, at least its a good problem :)

Sexson is going to turn it around. Give him a little more time. He is 100X better than Huff. Sexson is going to have a monster second half.
baseball_fan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mcliffy2 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:33 pm

Guess I should modify this, unfortunately I passed on Huff, so ended up picking up Cameron, who is doing alright, but I don't expect him to compare to Huff overall for the year. Sexson is also gone...just could not take his terrible OBP in place of Johnson's amazing OBP.

BUT, I traded Vazquez for TEX, so my question now becomes what, if anything do I do with Soriano? Here is my lineup after the add and trade:

12 team HtH (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, S, K, ERA, WHIP)

C M. Napoli
1B J. Giambi
2B A. Soriano
3B J. Cantú
SS M. Tejada
IF M. Teixeira
LF S. Podsednik
CF C. Patterson
RF M. Thames
OF M. Cameron
Util N. Johnson/M Ensberg (can also shift Cantu to 2B, and Soriano to the OF, giving me flexibility to bench any player, and still have a full lineup)
DL H. Matsui

SP F. Hernández
SP J. Beckett
RP M. Rivera
RP J. Borowski
P B. Wickman
BN A. Reyes
BN D. Willis
BN Jer. Weaver
BN B. Arroyo
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sixer03fan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:34 pm

i would probably say to sit tight for a while. you have a ton of power in that lineup and a lot of speed w/ patterson and pods and tejada. you might wanna look for a replacement for thames before he cools. but on pitching i believe the young pithcers you have should be solid for the rest of the year. a good offense is way more valuable than a good pitching staff in fantasy anyway.
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mashug » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:15 pm

sixer03fan wrote:i would probably say to sit tight for a while. you have a ton of power in that lineup and a lot of speed w/ patterson and pods and tejada. you might wanna look for a replacement for thames before he cools. but on pitching i believe the young pithcers you have should be solid for the rest of the year. a good offense is way more valuable than a good pitching staff in fantasy anyway.

I agree. I wouldn't be tto quick to trade Soriano
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Starkmadfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:39 pm

I'd stand pat as well. As to your question in the DeRosa thread, your pitching staff looks good, so I wouldn't drop DeRosa for Bush.
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team