in 3rd of 12, looking for some minor changes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

in 3rd of 12, looking for some minor changes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

in 3rd of 12, looking for some minor changes

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:10 am

I'm thinking of a few changes, help would be appreciated:

1. I really like Lester and he is on the WW, anyone I could drop for him? I really want to keep Weaver, maybe Felix?

2. Sexson and Huff are available on the WW. I like Kemp a lot but he is hurting in AB, and Johnson's injury is worriesome, should I make a move here?

3. Should I drop Coffey or Wickman for Borowski since the Marlins are in more close games than the Indians and Reds?

4. I proposed a trade for Vlad, giving up Beckett and Ensberg to a team stacked in power (Vlad, CLee, A Jones, Howard, etc) but hurting in pitching. Thoughts on this? Or any other trades I could make?

12 team HtH (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, S, K, ERA, WHIP)

C M. Napoli
1B J. Giambi
2B A. Soriano
3B J. Cantú
SS M. Tejada
IF M. Ensberg
LF S. Podsednik
CF C. Patterson
RF M. Thames
OF M. Kemp
Util N. Johnson
DL H. Matsui

SP F. Hernández
SP J. Beckett
RP M. Rivera
RP T. Coffey
P B. Wickman
BN A. Reyes
BN J. Vázquez
BN D. Willis
BN Jer. Weaver
BN B. Arroyo
Last edited by mcliffy2 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soxrock556 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:48 am

looks like a solid team i would try to trade podds and get him out of there

http://www.freewebs.com/cubsox1234/sigs.htm
^^CHECK OUT MINE AND SPORTSFAN1433 SIGS^^
soxrock556
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:10 pm

Really?? I know hes cold, but I think hes good for 60 SB again. That is kinda hard to replace even if he does nothing elsewhere. I actually traded Burrell for him, because I was last in steals and 1st in HR. I'm still 1st in HR and now 3rd in steals (due to him plus Patterson). I'm 2nd in OBP, 4th in R, and 3rd in RBI (which will go up with Alou and Cantu coming off the DL).
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Maximus10280 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:53 pm

I really like Ervin Santana, and I think the Angels should drop Jeff before Jered. Byrnes was on fire, and he is more likely to get playing time over the course of the year as opposed to Kemp and Thames. I think DET is gonna get a lefty bat soon, so that will decrease Thames' ABs, unless of course he is in the trade. Podsednik and Patterson dominate SBs, so hold on to them. If you're set on making a move, I say go for Santans.
Maximus10280
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby poorlilrich » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:24 pm

you should trade soriano for an ace and and ok 2b 9 (peavy, utley)
your starting pitchers are definetly kinda weak, but you have a good team overall
poorlilrich
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cheesehead88 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:31 pm

i like ervin santana. i also like selling high on soriano. i mean really high. i can't imagine he keeps this pace, plus he might get traded.
cheesehead88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joselnceldran » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:06 pm

I honestly think the Angels management is high for sending down the wrong weaver! I like Santana but his name keeps popping up in trade rumors. I'd hold on to Soriano if I were you, the Yanks are looking to deal for him with both Shef and Matsui out, imagine his numbers with a potent Yanks team. Honestly i wouldnt drop weaver even if his sent down, i have a feeling a pitcher that good will be sent back up to big leagues soon. Id look to trade Pods and Byrns for SP
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:47 pm

an ok 2b utley????? are you on drugs

anyway, i would definitely drop byrnes, hes been ice cold and is a very streaky player with limited upside. id pick up kemp for him. as for jared weaver, he shouldnt be down in AAA for long, since the angels are bound to make a trade soon and he should come up. you could drop him for ervin santana, but keep your eye on him. i also highly recommend anthony reyes as well if hes available. also, you better get a catcher since willingham is on the DL, as well as ensberg being banged up. coffey is also a fairly bad option so keep your eyes open for another closing option.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Just edited my original post on this thread with an updated roster and some new questions. Thanks. WHIR
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lordoftheswing s » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:36 am

I would drop Kemp for Huff...he is showing signs of heating up and usually has a strong second half... I would also grab Sexson over Nick the Quick because his back is tweaking and he has a long history of going down...

I like your SP's and would not drop any of them, particularly Felix....And if that guy gives you Vladdy for Ensberg and Beckett, please throw a party and pick up Lester on the WW because, with Huff and Sexson your offense will rock ;-D
lordoftheswing s
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team