Mark Derosa - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Derosa

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Derosa

Postby DSheppard » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:36 am

this is a public service announcement for fantasy owners.

The guy is hitting .347 with an OPS of nearly 1.000. I guess since he has double power(as in few HRs) that he is a little less valuable in fantasy but still... hes at a pretty good rbi clip for his at bats(he missed a month on the dl).

and hes eligible at 2b, ss, and OF.

It seems like im the only person in fantasy baseball cashing in on this.

Yeah kinsler is back but derosa is playing every day anyway. You tend to get starts when you approach .350. right now it seems like he gives kinsler, mench, wilkerson 1 day off a week and gets botts's DH spot the rest of the week.

he is owned in less then one percent of mixed leagues according to ESPN.

so just kind of a heads up here... his ridiculous start (for a career sub) isnt going to last forever. but so far hes helped me a ton at SS, ive had him start over peralta for a while.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DSheppard » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:10 am

Ive got to bump this, because its july 14th and derosa is still hitting .343

pretty remarkable for a career 4th/5th outfielder and backup infielder.

and before anyone speaks of ameriquest, check his splits. 404 on the road. ameriquest is not a righties park.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:21 am

From Rotowire:

DeRosa, who has played in all 20 games in June, was officially named an everyday player by manager Buck Showalter according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. DeRosa entered Friday's game hitting .341, so it's unlikely he's still available in many free agent pools. He's back to qualifying at second base and the outfield in most league formats, so check on his availability if you need help at either position.

Ok, I'm hooked, dropped Gomes for this guy. Lets see what happens........
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:23 am

wow, thanks for the annoucement...his stats do look pretty good and his multiple position elgibility is very appealing...considering i would have to drop lugo for him though i won't be able to cash in on this...either way if you look at his career numbers they don't suggest that he has any chance of keeping this up...also he has never hit more then 8 HR's in a season (played in 118 games that year) so i don't know why we should be expecting more HR's :-?
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Starkmadfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:28 am

I just noticed the fact too that as of last night, he was batting 2nd in the order.
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:38 am

2nd is his spot in the order right now.

The only 2 places hes been batting is 2nd and 5th, and with it being declared that mench/wilkerson are going to be playing every day again, not allowing buck to stupidly put JHJ at 2nd spot, derosa is hitting there until he goes dead cold. unless tex gets so hot that they want tex batting third again (where young would go back to 2nd).

And there is at least some explanation for derosa improving.

he scrapped his old swing, added a toe tap to improve his timing, and stated he is trieing to model hismelf off of the style of chipper and michael young.

hes looked good all year.

im not saying hes going to hit 340 all year though, just that i think hes become a legitimate high average hitter right now, with some value because he bats in a nice lineup (especially if tex is now going and bring him in as he did last night).

so yeah, anyone that does take him, beware of any big slumps, but right now hes looking pretty solid as a high average guy with obp and some rbis with position eligibility
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:53 am

Right now, I am looking at him as my main spot player since he already has 2nd, 3rd and OF.
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kugino » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:52 pm

derosa's actually been one of my better transactions this year...he has been a stud, and one of the reasons (along with matthews' huge year and michael young) why teix had that many RBIs at the break.  i think he's a fantastic pickup and i think the hitting coach at texas really is that good.
5x5 12-team league w/5 keepers.
as of 5/02: 2nd place; 5/27: 6th
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:54 pm

has SS eligibility too...I just grabbed him but thinking about dropping him for a SP (Myers or Bush), basically because somebody has to ride my bench and w/ no IP limit and daily lineup changes, makes no sense to have BN offensive players.

Help on this? :-?

Roster:

12 team HtH (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, S, K, ERA, WHIP)

C M. Napoli
1B J. Giambi
2B A. Soriano
3B J. Cantú
SS M. Tejada
IF M. Teixeira
LF S. Podsednik
CF C. Patterson
RF M. Thames
OF M. Cameron
Util N. Johnson/M Ensberg (can also shift Cantu to 2B, and Soriano to the OF, giving me flexibility to bench any player, and still have a full lineup)
DL H. Matsui

SP F. Hernández
SP J. Beckett
RP M. Rivera
RP J. Borowski
P B. Wickman
BN A. Reyes
BN D. Willis
BN Jer. Weaver
BN B. Arroyo
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Starkmadfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:07 pm

mcliffy2 wrote:has SS eligibility too...I just grabbed him but thinking about dropping him for a SP (Myers or Bush), basically because somebody has to ride my bench and w/ no IP limit and daily lineup changes, makes no sense to have BN offensive players.

Help on this? :-?

Roster:

12 team HtH (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, S, K, ERA, WHIP)

C M. Napoli
1B J. Giambi
2B A. Soriano
3B J. Cantú
SS M. Tejada
IF M. Teixeira
LF S. Podsednik
CF C. Patterson
RF M. Thames
OF M. Cameron
Util N. Johnson/M Ensberg (can also shift Cantu to 2B, and Soriano to the OF, giving me flexibility to bench any player, and still have a full lineup)
DL H. Matsui

SP F. Hernández
SP J. Beckett
RP M. Rivera
RP J. Borowski
P B. Wickman
BN A. Reyes
BN D. Willis
BN Jer. Weaver
BN B. Arroyo

I wouldn't drop Bush for DeRosa - Myer sure on the other hand.
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates