Edgar Renteria? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edgar Renteria?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edgar Renteria?

Postby Mr. Smithers » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:05 pm

My league keeps telling me this is a one year fluke. The guy has been pretty consitant in the past. His numbers are way up this year. I personally think he is coming into his on. 27 is around the age MLB player are supposed to hit there stride. I think he'll do just as good or even a little better next year. Please give some insight on what you guys think.
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:09 pm

edgar is an exellent ss, i think a brilliant career lays ahead of him. i would have drafted him if i didnt have miggy at ss already. i dont even have him and im an astros fan, but i wish he could hit at number 2. hes perfect there, him and jeter were meant to hit #2.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:13 pm

I don't think he's a fluke. He's having a great year and will continue to do so.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:16 pm

he is a different player than he was a couple years ago. he was rumored to be on the trading block a few years back and after the deadline passed and he was still a cardinal he has been a little bit different. he has a better attitude. not that he had a bad attitude, it just seems like he has turned it up a notch and seems a little bit more relaxed. he is a good hitter and very good with runners on base. he should be a .300 hitter for a while and should get plenty of rbi's in that lineup. the amount of stolen bases this year has surprised me somewhat as he was around 20 for the previous three years. he did some running with the marlins though.

take a look at his splits and you will see that he had a great second half last year and picked up right where he left off. i expect about the same next year.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dicehound » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:17 pm

I drafted him this year because he's improved every year and I've been far from disapointed. He's a great all-around ballplayer and one of the best shortstops in the game. I'm really excited about having him in my keeper league and I personally think he'll only get better. ;-D
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mtarail » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:22 pm

I agree that he's great and his performance this year has pretty much flown under the radar--I guess that's what happens when you play on a team with Pujols and in a league with Arod. I don't know if he'll keep up these great stats next year, but he's proven himself to be an elite option. Personally, I'm hoping to get him lower than he should be next year, since he doesn't have the name recognition of some of the other SS's.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flloyd » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:36 pm

I don't think that he'll get better next year. That's being a little too optimistic. That being said however I don't think that this year was a fluke I coincidentally just looked at his splits last night and as the guest said he really turned it on last year after the All-Star break. He hit .327 with 7 homers and 12 for 14 in stolen bases versus .287, 4 homers and 10 for 15 in steals. I think that that shows that he broke out at about the expected age and is playing at a higher level now that he should be able to stay at for awhile.

If your league thinks he's a one hit wonder then all the better for you. You should be a ble to get him for cheaper next year. Just be careful that they are not doing that just so that they can get him next year.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mr. Smithers » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:41 pm

Thanks for the great advice everybody. Please go check my Team on the rate forum. Need help and ideas there its under my name and should be near the top.
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dog » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:42 pm

Edgar will only get better. He will never be a "power" guy like ARod, but will be a great RBI/AVG/STEALS guy for many years to come.

I'd take him over Jeter 8-o
Dog

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jskidder » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:53 pm

i agree. i think beginning next season the new big 3 is arod, nomar and edgar with miggy a close fourth. jeter is a great player but fantasy wise he's a solid #5 at short.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers