Carlos Gonzalez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Carlos Gonzalez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:05 am

j24jags wrote:
Baseball America wrote:10. Carlos Gonzalez, of, Diamondbacks (High Class A Lancaster)
Even the Diamondbacks could not verify the spelling of his name with 100 percent certainty, but we have settled on a 'Z,' until further notice. No matter the letter, he is raking and 15-for-37 this month, be wary of the 62-17 strikeout-walk ratio on the season.

From the Hot Sheet

Haha...perhaps they could ask him and/or check his papers?

Seriously, though, this kid has some of the best potential in the minors, behind the elite group of Young, Upton, etc. He has the tools to hit for power, some speed, and average. Basically, scouts were naming him as one of the potential elite prospects heading into the year...and he is getting into that group as we speak.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:46 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:I imagine the player that has the best chance of being traded is Quentin considering all the rest are either super prospects (Upton and Gonzalez) or players they traded for (Young). The fact that they desperately need starting pitching now is reason to believe that they may be forced to move him. They really don't have too many players outside of Young, Gonzalez, Drew, Upton, and Quentin aside from their promising pitching prospects that would be enticing enough to lure a top arm from another team. Although this may be true I also think there is good chance they will deal Hairston, who is raking at Triple A, to get a Sp at the deadline. All in all, I strongly believe moving Gonzalez, Upton, or Young would destroy the DBacks' chances to be an elite organization later on down the road.

you claim that the DBacks only have a few young players that other teams would be interested in... But actually the Diamondbacks have the best overall farm syatem in all of baseball.. and it's not really close! ;-D

With, Upton, Drew, Young, Quentin, C.Gonzalez, Montero, and so on...5 of them are top 30 overall prospects...(Not to mention Chad Tracy and Connor Jackson already on the big squad)

That is sic! ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:26 pm

would u trade Billingsley for Carlos Gonzalez if you had the chance ina roto keeper? Even if you already had Quentin & Justin Uptin?
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:42 pm

How do you guys rank Chris Young amongst their other outfield talents? I have him on my 5 man minors roster, looking for a nice power/speed combo boost in a couple of years from him. Is that reasonable? Grady Sizemore type player?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:47 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:would u trade Billingsley for Carlos Gonzalez if you had the chance ina roto keeper? Even if you already had Quentin & Justin Uptin?

Nope, I wouldn't do it even if you didn't have those 2 other OF's.

RynMan wrote:How do you guys rank Chris Young amongst their other outfield talents? I have him on my 5 man minors roster, looking for a nice power/speed combo boost in a couple of years from him. Is that reasonable? Grady Sizemore type player?

He is more along the lines of Mike Cameron, as he doesn't project to hit for that good of an average. I'd say he is tied for 2nd w/ Carlos for me, behind Justin of course.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:would u trade Billingsley for Carlos Gonzalez if you had the chance ina roto keeper? Even if you already had Quentin & Justin Uptin?

Nope, keep Billingsley.

RynMan wrote:How do you guys rank Chris Young amongst their other outfield talents? I have him on my 5 man minors roster, looking for a nice power/speed combo boost in a couple of years from him. Is that reasonable? Grady Sizemore type player?

The Sizemore comparison is pretty good for Young imo. As far as ranking Young to Upton, Gonzalez, and Quentin. Well Upton is far away the best of the bunch, as he has the talent to be special like Arod or Pujols. I would rank Young 2nd just ahead of Gonzalez with Quentin quite a bit behind them. I like Young's ability to help in all 5 cats a bit better then Gonzalez even though Gonzalez could very well be a RBI monster in that lineup in a few years.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball