johan, halladay, sabathia, cliff lee, clemens, dl patterson, burnett
wagner, street, otsuka

first give advice, and if you have a better team post your team
poorlilrich
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RotoKing » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 pm

absolutely it can be beat. having a good team is half the battle, but you need to manage it well to win... Overall its solid, but your infield could be better if you wanted to try to improve something.
RotoKing
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:09 pm

Lopez is slowing down, Furcal is overrated. Hopefully ARAM continues to heat up. Very solid team. I know it's apple-to-oranges, but here is my 8-team league team

nonkeeper 8 team espn 5x5 roto mlb

P Carlos Zambrano (CHC)
P Roy Halladay (TOR)
P Trevor Hoffman (SD)
P Joe Nathan (MIN)
P Eddie Guardado (SEA)
P Dontrelle Willis (FLA)
P Chris Carpenter (STL)
P John Patterson (WAS)
P Bronson Arroyo (CIN)
p JJ Putz (SEA)
P Tyler Walker (TB)
P Mike Gonzalez (PIT)

C Joe Mauer (MIN)
1B Ryan Howard (PHI)
2B Ricky Weeks (MIL)
SS Miguel Tejada (BAL)
3B Scott Rolen (STL)
OF Bob Abreu (PHI)
OF Randy Winn (SF)
OF Raul Ibanez (SEA)
OF Jermaine Dye (CHW)
OF Miguel Cabrera (FLA)
MI Alfonso Soriano (WAS)
CI Garrett Atkins (COL)
UT Mike Lowell (BOS)
DL Derek Lee (CHC)
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby bucball02 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am

Anyteam can be beat, just depends on the week.

10 Team H2H

C-Martinez
1B-Teixeira
2B-Utley
3B-A. Ramirez
SS-M. Young
OF-Bay, Crawford, Patterson
UTL-Ordonez
BN-Pierre

SP-Peavy, Kazmir, Capuano, Schmidt, C. Young, D. Davis, Clemens, Sheets(DL), Harden(DL)
RP-Ryan, Rivera, Valverde

Stats:
Batters-R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, TB, FPCT, AVG, OPS
Pitchers-APP, IP, W, CG, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
bucball02
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:15 am

What format are you playing? If its cumulative points, keep the team. If its Roto or HtH with categories, balance matters and you might have overkill on pitching. With Clemens, Patterson, and a little bit further on Burnett, all coming back, try and maneuver a trade for a 3B for Halladay. Go for Cabrera, or Wright, or Ensberg + decent pitcher.

If you have time take a look at my team (by the way, I think I have you in batting, but you've got me in pitching so its a wash):

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=215211
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby poorlilrich » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:29 pm

should i trade for reyes, i think hes the most overated player in the league so id rather stay far away from him how can i get soriano what can i package
the other guys team
i rod
helton
soriano
feliz
crosby
s green
vlad
alou
util javy lopez
bn castillo, blake, loduca

mussina, turnbow, fuente, willis, j francis, n lowry

what should i offer him
poorlilrich
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Soriano is playing on another planet...you are going to have to give up a lot, the problem is you don't have any proven medium stars...I have him and I would want an ace plus some...Santana and Burrell or something like that. Problem is your outfielders are a notch above a Burrell type, so you'd be giving up too much. I would set your sights a little lower, say on David Wright or Chase Utley for Halladay. Halladay might be worth a bit more, bit he isnt worth as much to YOU, because you have so much pitching. On the other hand a good proven infielder would be a big upgrade, and the difference between Halladay and Clemens (or Patterson for that matter, he is a K-ERA-WHIP monster, and this year Soriano is backing him so expect more wins), who you can replace him with, will probably not be that great.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:29 pm

First off, I always believe a question such as "Can this team be beat?" or "Is this team a contender?" to be silly. Of course, your team is beatable, especially in H2H, where week-by-week production is 70 to 80% unpredictable. You're not going to patch every weakness and when you do, another could open up. The great equalizer is injuries. Always be aware of that. If it happens to Albert Pujols, it can happen to anyone. The way you manage your team, see opportunities, know your strengths and weaknesses, and moving according to that, is what makes your team a contender or anywhere closer to perfection.

As for your team, it's good. Your offense seems set and your pitching, though it could use some more back end help, is quality. But your team is beatable. Assume the worst-case scenario that Patterson and Burnett are either ineffective or are prone to returning to the DL. Assume that Clemens isn't everything he's cracked out to be predicted when he comes back, or if Cliff Lee doesn't turn the corner. Your pitching at least has a bedrock with Santana and Halladay, but that's why you save for a rainy day. On top of that, Wagner and Street have had prior injury concerns and Francisco Cordero resumes the closing duties in Texas. You may be better served on the offensive end, but if your pitching tends to wind up in the bog, then you're in a world of hurt.

If you're going after Soriano, he will cost you an arm and a leg. Personally, I wouldn't trade him unless I was getting Johan Santana and Jason Bay from you. The whole rationale is that Soriano is now the best fantasy hitter now that Pujols is on the DL shelf and now is the time to cash out on him.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team