I have a new person on my enemies list... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I have a new person on my enemies list...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:45 am

Wow it's amazing how threads move from one subject to the enxt without a new question ro anything

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:52 am

CadensDad wrote:Wow it's amazing how threads move from one subject to the enxt without a new question ro anything

I know I can't believe Cole Hamels lost either.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:31 am

acsguitar wrote:
CadensDad wrote:Wow it's amazing how threads move from one subject to the enxt without a new question ro anything

I know I can't believe Cole Hamels lost either.

bah...i picked Philly as my 2nd rung on Lucky Ladders becasue of that. Boo...i really suck at that game :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:35 am

AcidRock23 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I will repeat this again, America can't be this dumb again. It simply will not happen. The next president will be from the Democratic party, Congress will slowly fall to the Democrats, and all will be well. America has most ceraintly learned their lesson...

I am not that confident in this. The first problem is that the Democrats need to get a marketable candidate, not one who is the biggest policy wonk who wins the arguments in the backrooms at the convention. I guess that there's not really a clear front runner for the Republicans yet either but the fact that most of the leading Dems seem to be about as marketable as Kerry (or Mondale or Dukakis...) leaves me w/o a lot of confidence. The Republicans can drag out some sort of cowboy who can assure US citizens that he/ she can 'git 'er done' and 'bam', they've locked up another 4 years.

I agree that the legislature should 'recover' soon though... ;-D :-D

That's my worry too. I don't see any Democratic candidate right now that can look like a leader the people would rally behind. I don't mean to be sexist, but Hillary Clinton does not portray an image of a president people will be safe behind. Its not that they are trying to be sexist, it's just that after 9/11 people want a leader who is strong and will defend the country, eyc. and a woman does not portray that. I am hearing words that if Sen.McCain runs for the Republicans he is a lock. I do not know much about him but this scares me. I'll honestly tell you I loved Al Gore, why can't he just take another crack at it? :-)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:37 am

Zito is God wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I will repeat this again, America can't be this dumb again. It simply will not happen. The next president will be from the Democratic party, Congress will slowly fall to the Democrats, and all will be well. America has most ceraintly learned their lesson...

I am not that confident in this. The first problem is that the Democrats need to get a marketable candidate, not one who is the biggest policy wonk who wins the arguments in the backrooms at the convention. I guess that there's not really a clear front runner for the Republicans yet either but the fact that most of the leading Dems seem to be about as marketable as Kerry (or Mondale or Dukakis...) leaves me w/o a lot of confidence. The Republicans can drag out some sort of cowboy who can assure US citizens that he/ she can 'git 'er done' and 'bam', they've locked up another 4 years.

I agree that the legislature should 'recover' soon though... ;-D :-D

That's my worry too. I don't see any Democratic candidate right now that can look like a leader the people would rally behind. I don't mean to be sexist, but Hillary Clinton does not portray an image of a president people will be safe behind. Its not that they are trying to be sexist, it's just that after 9/11 people want a leader who is strong and will defend the country, eyc. and a woman does not portray that. I am hearing words that if Sen.McCain runs for the Republicans he is a lock. I do not know much about him but this scares me. I'll honestly tell you I loved Al Gore, why can't he just take another crack at it? :-)

What about Barak Obama? He seems pretty bad arse. Is he too young?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:46 am

acsguitar wrote:What about Barak Obama? He seems pretty bad arse. Is he too young?

Clinton wasn't too young, though Obama comes in with less experience. I get to see him plenty in local press and he seems like someone who would operate better as a nice-guy mediator in Congress as opposed to having to always be identified with one side as a president. One thing that I don't like about Obama is that he has the position and ability to become a master triangulator. I just hope he doesn't choose that route.

ZIG, w/r/t McCain, he scares me plenty solely b/c of his campaign finance position. I think he can handily beat anybody the Ds put up for 2008, but he will have a hell of a time winning the R nomination.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:57 pm

I think the last thing the Democrats need for a candidate is someone marketable. Someone marketable is going to have a long track record of voting that's going to differ greatly from what the Democratic platform needs to be in '06 to win. The Democrats should just choose an honest, not too flamboyant candidate who hasn't been in the spotlight too much, so there's not much to pick apart; Kerry got completely hammered last election because he had such a variance in what he says and how he votes.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:30 pm

davidmarver wrote:I think the last thing the Democrats need for a candidate is someone marketable. Someone marketable is going to have a long track record of voting that's going to differ greatly from what the Democratic platform needs to be in '06 to win. The Democrats should just choose an honest, not too flamboyant candidate who hasn't been in the spotlight too much, so there's not much to pick apart; Kerry got completely hammered last election because he had such a variance in what he says and how he votes.

Just about anyone who comes out of Congress has a long voting track record that can be nit picked to death. The average american voter isn't capable of discerning the underlying reasons for why a senator may make a particular vote while maintaing an apparent opposing position.

Governorship is the best ticket to the presidency.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:34 pm

bleach168 wrote: Governorship is the best ticket to the presidency.

because governors are
marketable ;-D :-D
Last edited by AcidRock23 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:07 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
bleach168 wrote: Governorship is the best ticket to the presidency.

because governors are
marketble ;-D :-D

I wrote a paper and did a presentation on how elections are bought.

I got an A+

Anyways, the Dems need someone tough who is gonna say.

"We are gonna kill the terrorists, and we are gonna fix the situation in Iraq. Whether or not we are there for the right or wrong reasons doesn't matter anymore what matters is correcting the situation and getting our boys out safely and efficiently"

That would work
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk