I have a new person on my enemies list... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I have a new person on my enemies list...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have a new person on my enemies list...

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:45 pm

...and shes likely at #2 right after Gearge Bush.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060607/ts_nm/life_coulter_dc

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:51 pm

There is some truth to it but there are better way of expressing it.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:57 pm

i think the women get a certain degree of satisfaction out of their celebrity status. not so much that one could or should write a book about it. perhaps its just a coping mechanism.

the media is as much to blame for singling them out and making celebrities of them in the first place.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:01 pm

I think the media made them celebrities, they themselves were not at fault. How can you morally go around telling widows whos husbands died at what is considered one of the biggest tragedies in the history of the US that they are scam artists who don't care about the husbands and care about the money?!

BTW, her other comments in the latter part of the article that they breifly touch on piss me off the most.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pacman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:07 pm

Politics aside, and her goofball, book-selling comments aside too, my question: Why do some people refer to her as "Hot"? She's butt-ugly in my opinion.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Ann looks like she might wanna eat a sandwhich. Maybee the lack of nutrition caused her brain to momentarily stop working.

I always hear this ladies name. Who is she? This is a pretty insensitive thing to say. oh well. The media sucks
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CadensDad » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:17 pm

acsguitar wrote:Ann looks like she might wanna eat a sandwhich. Maybee the lack of nutrition caused her brain to momentarily stop working.

I always hear this ladies name. Who is she? This is a pretty insensitive thing to say. oh well. The media sucks

Shes a poltical writer, has 3 or 4 books out, my brother is a huge fan of hers and she usually makes alot of great points. This news of her comments does somewhat upset me though. But she has made alot of great points in the past. Not sure what all this really is though

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:18 pm

I love Ann Coulter. I love her books and columns (well the ones I've read so far), I love her beliefs, and I love how she expresses herself. :-)

She may have come off as being "insensitive" but the great thing is that she doesn't care what you think. I think it's great. ;-D

Not only that, she's a real threat to the Libs. She's attractive (I don't think she's "hot," but I think she's pretty), she's very well-spoken, and she's not afraid to tell it like it is. ;-D

Go Ann go. :-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Ann's my perfect woman. Wish I could meet someone like her.

Though you may think her comments regarding 9-11 widows may be insensitive, they do hold some water. Fact is that these women are far better off finacially than they were. There was a similar article in NY Newsday a few years ago that told the story of some wives who Firefighter husbands died on 9-11. These women joked about the sheet load of money they got as a result while sipping champagne in a fancy restaurant.
Now nothing can replace a husband, but let's face it, not every marriage is perfect either. In fact I bet that some of these widows feel like they've been freed. I know I'm sounding somewhat cold hearted but from what I read it seems like some of these widows are the cold hearted ones. Now I'm not generalizing one bit. There are those who deeply miss their spouses and I'm sorry for thier losses. I just want to point out that what Ann writes about is not made up nonsense.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:51 pm

It took this to add her to your list? What rock have you been under?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk