Pat Burrell , Dave Roberts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pat Burrell , Dave Roberts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pat Burrell , Dave Roberts

Postby salty_tapioca_balls » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:33 am

Why weren't these guys playing? Anybody know?
salty_tapioca_balls
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:17 am

Roberts doesn't normally start against LHP.
I'm not sure why Burrell was out.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby costag » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 am

I really think that Burrell is on his way out of Philly plus I think his foot isn't 100%. Dellucci and Victorino seem to be able to handle LF and batting as well as Burrell.

I like the guy becuase he produces but the guy shows no emotion. With guys that have heart on this team, like Utley, Victorino and Rowand, he just looks like he doesn't care.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he were gone in a week or two. I'll bet they are really pushing to get him to the Yankees (like the rumors we all have heard.)
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby swyck » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:54 pm

costag wrote:I really think that Burrell is on his way out of Philly plus I think his foot isn't 100%. Dellucci and Victorino seem to be able to handle LF and batting as well as Burrell.

No, not really. At least that's not why he didnt' start. THere was a right hander on the mound and there were no lefties available in the snakes pen, so Cholly loaded the lineup with lefties. Rowand and Bell also sat. Its also a long road trip so a day off isn't a bad idea.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:58 pm

costag wrote:I really think that Burrell is on his way out of Philly plus I think his foot isn't 100%. Dellucci and Victorino seem to be able to handle LF and batting as well as Burrell.

I like the guy becuase he produces but the guy shows no emotion. With guys that have heart on this team, like Utley, Victorino and Rowand, he just looks like he doesn't care.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he were gone in a week or two. I'll bet they are really pushing to get him to the Yankees (like the rumors we all have heard.)
Even to the Yanks it is going to be a hard sell. Most people don't think he foot is 100% and he is due $13 million next year and $14 million the year after that.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby costag » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:47 pm

Burrell seems like he has been given a few extra days off the last two weeks. That's what leads me to believe he is either hurt or falling out of the graces of management.

Victorino is becoming the prominent player that he was once believed to be. Ashame the dodgers gave up on him so early!

I am impressed with his intensity and Delluci seems to be able to handle being an everyday guy. If they can pull a good started for Burrell, I wouldn't be upset.
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 643dp » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:16 pm

costag wrote:Burrell seems like he has been given a few extra days off the last two weeks. That's what leads me to believe he is either hurt or falling out of the graces of management.

Burrell is absolutely hurt. His foot hasn't been right since spring training, but he's gutting it out. It's only recently that it's really affected his offense.

Don't be so concerned with what a guy shows on the outside. Burrell is as intense and competitive as the next guy.
643dp
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Injuries & Player Updates