Cordero Pitching the 9th Again? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cordero Pitching the 9th Again?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rentz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:05 am

i believe otsuka's job is safe, they even addressed that during the game. cordero got the save 2 nights ago by happenstance, same as last night, otsuka needed work...rangers came back, so they threw coco out there.... though the way bucks thought on this the whole time is he likes having 2 closers/setup guys....so the way i figure it, we might see more of these things, if otsuka cant go, coc gets the save.
but i think aki gets the majority
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:25 am

BOWSER wrote: If he did, he's a worthy starter in any league once again.

Wait a minute... I thought he was a reliever!!!
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rainman23 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:45 pm

BOWSER wrote:from CBS Sportsline:

Francisco Cordero, RP TEX

News: Akinori Otsuka (2-1) threw a scoreless inning for the win and Francisco Cordero pitched the ninth for his fifth save on Wednesday at Kansas City.

Analysis: It was Cordero's second save in two nights. It's uncertain if Cordero has regained the closer role in Texas. If he did, he's a worthy starter in any league once again. Otsuka was pitching the bottom of the eighth with his team trailing. It would have been the last inning of the game; they only went to Cordero after the Rangers rallied in the ninth. Otsuka remains equally as valuable as Cordero until the situation becomes clearer.

Wow. That is some shaky analysis from CBS Sportsline. It's embarrassing. There was nothing about either of these saves to indicate that a change in roles had occurred. That last sentence kills me. Otsuka remains equally as valuable as Cordero until the situation becomes clearer. Egads. Don't quit your day job.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:48 pm

4 words: Otsuka is the closer.

He needed some work, so he came in the 8th because there would have been no 9th if Texas had not mounted a comeback. But the Royals blew it, and luckily they had Coco for the 9th. Look deeper than just the initial stats guys.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dc928 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:17 pm

I don't think Cordero has getten his job back. I mean he might later no but not right now, managers just can't tell someone hey thanks for doing a good job for us but you have just been demoted. If Otsuka gets in trouble that is when they can offically return Cordero. So I think he will get the job back just not now....
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:56 pm

dc928 wrote:I don't think Cordero has getten his job back. I mean he might later no but not right now, managers just can't tell someone hey thanks for doing a good job for us but you have just been demoted. If Otsuka gets in trouble that is when they can offically return Cordero. So I think he will get the job back just not now....

Consider that the manager doesn't really care about that, but only cares about winning. If it is best for the team, Cordero would get his job back. And this wouldn't really be a demotion for Otsuka. The job was given to him while Cordero was working things out. It was a temporary job to start. He will do the team just as good as a set up guy.

That being said, I don't think this has happened as of yet. But if Cordero has his stuff back, he obviously has more experience, so it could happen sooner or later.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BOWSER » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:34 pm

quitesanemax wrote:

I did not write that...I just copied and pasted it ...the report is from CBS Sportsline...
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:09 pm

BOWSER wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:

I did not write that...I just copied and pasted it ...the report is from CBS Sportsline...

Then again, none of us write anything on this website... its all typed. lol.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BOWSER » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:24 pm

but I think it means he's worthy of a starting line-up spot...
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates