Otsuka come in ...Tex down 0-2...in the 8th...Cordero in 9th - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Otsuka come in ...Tex down 0-2...in the 8th...Cordero in 9th

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:49 pm

NZF wrote:Relax. Otsuka is still the closer and Cordero is the 8th inning guy. As for the Royals well it's anyone's guess.

A Royals closer, even if identified, is pretty much next to worthless. :-t
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:56 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
NZF wrote:Relax. Otsuka is still the closer and Cordero is the 8th inning guy. As for the Royals well it's anyone's guess.

A Royals closer, even if identified, is pretty much next to worthless. :-t


No closer is worthless, even one with ordinary ratios. The problem with the KC situation is they get so few saves that when they do the friggin closer needs to convert it.

MacDougal had reasonable value last season in all league types.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:24 am

NZF wrote:No closer is worthless, even one with ordinary ratios. The problem with the KC situation is they get so few saves that when they do the friggin closer needs to convert it.

MacDougal had reasonable value last season in all league types.


Agreed. In my leagues, all closers, could be closers, and set up men are pretty well taken. Not one of my leagues count holds, so it's all about every save you can get. ;-D

I even picked Cordero back up in one of my leagues tonight. He does not have the job back yet, but it could pay off down the road, and worth the risk to me. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:26 am

Madison wrote:I even picked Cordero back up in one of my leagues tonight. He does not have the job back yet, but it could pay off down the road, and worth the risk to me. B-)


You don't need no closer...you got Tyler Walker. But me...I got Weathers and Valverde. :-t :-D


Last year, the 81-81 Brewers had 10 more SV opps than the 95-67 Boston Red Sox. Before tonight, the KC Royals had the same number of SV opps as the NY Mets and the Toronto Blue Jays.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 200)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:38 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Madison wrote:I even picked Cordero back up in one of my leagues tonight. He does not have the job back yet, but it could pay off down the road, and worth the risk to me. B-)


You don't need no closer...you got Tyler Walker. But me...I got Weathers and Valverde. :-t :-D


I do have an extra closer, and am in the market for a solid SP, so feel free to make me an offer. O:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby NZF » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:54 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:

Last year, the 81-81 Brewers had 10 more SV opps than the 95-67 Boston Red Sox. Before tonight, the KC Royals had the same number of SV opps as the NY Mets and the Toronto Blue Jays.


Maybe so but there is still a strong correlation that the teams that win the most games also get the most save opportunities.

Most save opps. this season

Detroit
Red Sox
White Sox
Cardinals


Most wins this season

Detroit
White Sox
Cardinals
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:02 am

NZF wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

Last year, the 81-81 Brewers had 10 more SV opps than the 95-67 Boston Red Sox. Before tonight, the KC Royals had the same number of SV opps as the NY Mets and the Toronto Blue Jays.


Maybe so but there is still a strong correlation that the teams that win the most games also get the most save opportunities.

Most save opps. this season

Detroit
Red Sox
White Sox
Cardinals


Most wins this season

Detroit
White Sox
Cardinals


Right. What I meant was that you shouldn't assume that a Royals closer won't get any SV opps cuz they won't win a whole lot of games.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 200)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby NZF » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:08 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
NZF wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

Last year, the 81-81 Brewers had 10 more SV opps than the 95-67 Boston Red Sox. Before tonight, the KC Royals had the same number of SV opps as the NY Mets and the Toronto Blue Jays.


Maybe so but there is still a strong correlation that the teams that win the most games also get the most save opportunities.

Most save opps. this season

Detroit
Red Sox
White Sox
Cardinals


Most wins this season

Detroit
White Sox
Cardinals


Right. What I meant was that you shouldn't assume that a Royals closer won't get any SV opps cuz they won't win a whole lot of games.


Exactly right. Even the Royals will get their closer at least 30 opps.

BTW KC, shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep? It must be 3 in the morning over there.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 am

NZF wrote:BTW KC, shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep? It must be 3 in the morning over there.


:^

It's Thursday...the World Cup starts tomorrow...my weekend starts now. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 200)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact