Otsuka come in ...Tex down 0-2...in the 8th...Cordero in 9th - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Otsuka come in ...Tex down 0-2...in the 8th...Cordero in 9th

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Otsuka come in ...Tex down 0-2...in the 8th...Cordero in 9th

Postby WessWackos » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:50 pm

Texas was down 0-2, Otsuka comes in and pitches a perfect 8th. Texas rallies with 4 runs in the top of the 9th. They bring in Cordero to close it out.

Any thoughts?
WessWackos
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 465
Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Otsuka hadnt gotten work since June 2nd, they needed to use their best pitcher in an important spot.

While it is some cause for concern, with Cordero getting 2 straight SV, I still think it' Otsukas job.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4343
(Past Year: 156)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:54 pm

Otsuka hadn't pitch in four straight days. Down 0-2, Sholwater just wanted to get him some work in the 8th because there might not have been a bottom of the 9th.

Conclusion, Otsuka is still the closer.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5046
(Past Year: 50)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:55 pm

while watching the game the FSN southwest commentators:

"if youre an out of town fan or a fantasy player you might see coco get 2 saves in a row and think hes the closer but its not the case it just has worked out that way"
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3167
(Past Year: 121)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Postby converge241 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 pm

After Akinori Ostuka pitched the eighth with the Rangers down 2-0, Francisco Cordero received his second save in two days for closing out a 4-2 win on Wednesday night.
It's not a switch, though Cordero is showing that he'd be very good if he does get his old job back. Otsuka entered tonight's game because he needed the work, and with the Rangers on the road, there wasn't going to be a ninth inning for him to pitch unless the Rangers came back. Cordero got the save on Tuesday because there was a four-run lead after eight innings. Jun. 7 - 10:56 pm et
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3167
(Past Year: 121)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Postby ReddawgT » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:08 pm

yup, no cause for concern with Otsuka. Since they were down 0-2 going into the inning they just wanted to give him work.
ReddawgT
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 311
Joined: 7 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carey Saders » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:23 pm

ReddawgT wrote:yup, no cause for concern with Otsuka. Since they were down 0-2 going into the inning they just wanted to give him work.


I disagree. Otsuka has said he'd prefer to be the set-up man. Maybe he gets his wish.
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 669
Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Carey is so very...

Postby J.C.Fighter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:34 pm

Carey Saders wrote:
ReddawgT wrote:yup, no cause for concern with Otsuka. Since they were down 0-2 going into the inning they just wanted to give him work.


I disagree. Otsuka has said he'd prefer to be the set-up man. Maybe he gets his wish.



And I wish to be the Trix rabbit
am I going to get my wish ? no :-t
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby redjake » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:38 pm

I agree, that on face value, Cordero's consecutive saves should be written off for acceptable, logical reasons, but I still wonder.

I never got the feeling that Coco was done and I never got the feeling the Rangers felt he was, either.
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TX

Postby NZF » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:43 pm

Carey Saders wrote:
ReddawgT wrote:yup, no cause for concern with Otsuka. Since they were down 0-2 going into the inning they just wanted to give him work.


I disagree. Otsuka has said he'd prefer to be the set-up man. Maybe he gets his wish.


I disagree. Otsuka couldn't have said that because he doesn't speak english ;-)

Relax. Otsuka is still the closer and Cordero is the 8th inning guy. As for the Royals well it's anyone's guess.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact