Vlad is not human - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad is not human

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vlad is not human

Postby icalderus » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:48 am

"Vladimir Guerrero led off the Montreal sixth with a 463-foot home run into the second-desk restaurant in left."

bad back and all he is tearin the skin off the ball boyz. he also shredded that 503 footer last week. my only question is , what planet is this dude from?
icalderus
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:53 am

This is more what those of us who drafted him so high expected all year. Better late than never i guess! Keep on rollin Vlad daddy.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby icalderus » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:57 am

I got Vlad for furcal about a month and a half ago. I wasnt too sure about how he would end up with that type of injury but damn this dude is not real , im serious. he even got an SB yesterday but im not sure if it was legit or not. no matter this dude is insane.
icalderus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:11 am

I freely admit that I didn't think he would come back this strong. Definitely suprised me to say the least.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:43 am

just raises his values even more to other teams that are drooling to have him
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby G-Man » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:35 am

i'm sure that his pending FA status has ALOT to do with his willingness to come back so quickly and play through obvious pain (just watch his face grimace whenever he runs/changes speeds). Nothing better than guys in contract years (that means you as well, gary sheffield). vlad is a beast and is hitting his stride at the right time for fantasy owners and for his own interests of locking up a megadeal.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby crazybob60 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:51 am

He is just one of the best in baseball today, in my opinion. Not too many better, I mean, he isn't even at a 100% and look at what he is doing. I also saw the other day he made a throw from the OF that was right on target, amazing (to the catcher)
crazybob60
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jskidder » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:25 pm

i agree that he's great, but i don't think he's a top 5 draft pick any more as he has been in the past. there are just too many great of'ers that are coming into their prime right now.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:31 pm

jskidder wrote:i agree that he's great, but i don't think he's a top 5 draft pick any more as he has been in the past. there are just too many great of'ers that are coming into their prime right now.

like???
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby G-Man » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:39 pm

jskidder wrote:
i agree that he's great, but i don't think he's a top 5 draft pick any more as he has been in the past. there are just too many great of'ers that are coming into their prime right now.

It depends how you value OF's. Vlad took the "5-category fantasy player" label to a new level, separating him from guys like beltran/abreu. however, if you have a team that includes a category-monster like juan pierre, then you can argue that a pure power hitting OF like vernon wells or manny are just as valuable b/c you don't need one specific OF to cushion/contribute to every offensive category. I do still think that vlad is a top 5 pick, even if his SB's are going to decrease.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers