Pretty amazing tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pretty amazing tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pretty amazing tonight

Postby ramble2 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:33 am

Dog wrote:This was without a doubt the best night of pitching I've ever had in fantasy baseball.

SIX wins - Brown, Myers, Leiter, Harden, Prior and Johnson

FOUR saves - Kim, Kolb, Julio and Borowski

Add the low ERA and WHIP and I will now bench my entire pitching staff for the rest of the week :)

8-o

Nice! It must be a sweet feeling to have pitching tied up on Tuesday night! That might be the best pitching night I've ever heard about.

Head-to-head is a good time. It's my first year doing it after years of roto. I'm 13.5 up on the 2nd place team, and 35.5 up on the 3rd place squad. I can't wait for the playoffs to start - my team is cruising!
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:21 am

That is a great week, let alone a great night. As for HTH, I am not a big fan. To me, roto and points leagues are a much better indicator of a manager's and team's talent level. In HTH leagues, there is too much luck involved. There have been weeks where my team would have won big against every other team in the league except the one I'm playing. Just my opinion.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby jskidder » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:18 pm

wow. i thought i had a great night with harden, schmidt and penny but your's takes care of the week for sure.

i disagree with head to head involving more luck. if anything it requires more skill because you need to manage even more closely to know which categories you have a solid lead in and how to take the ones you are close in without giving up any leads in others. its also pretty exciting and keeps all the owners active throughout the season since anyone can win in a given week.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:28 pm

js.......We can agree to disagree, right. To me, HTH is more about luck because it is only about 1 week at a time. 1 hot or cold week can make or break you. With the others, it is about the whole year and that is more of an indication of worth to me. Again, that is just my opinion.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:js.......We can agree to disagree, right. To me, HTH is more about luck because it is only about 1 week at a time. 1 hot or cold week can make or break you. With the others, it is about the whole year and that is more of an indication of worth to me. Again, that is just my opinion.

damn right!
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:54 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:js.......We can agree to disagree, right. To me, HTH is more about luck because it is only about 1 week at a time. 1 hot or cold week can make or break you. With the others, it is about the whole year and that is more of an indication of worth to me. Again, that is just my opinion.

damn right!

Roto all the way baby! :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jskidder » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:01 pm

it really isn't luck. no offense, but you sound like the guys who complain in my league because they don't get the strategy. your season total is based on how many categories you win and how many you lose total, so it is all about the course of the season. think about it. even if your team is cold and you are going against a hot team, you can still win by maneuvering your lineup to take the categories that your opponent is weak in. or at least take some so you get a few w's for the week.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:03 pm

jskidder wrote:it really isn't luck. no offense, but you sound like the guys who complain in my league because they don't get the strategy. your season total is based on how many categories you win and how many you lose total, so it is all about the course of the season. think about it. even if your team is cold and you are going against a hot team, you can still win by maneuvering your lineup to take the categories that your opponent is weak in. or at least take some so you get a few w's for the week.

naww, its luck
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jskidder » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:47 pm

kind of funny how this started as a thread about someone's great pitching night and turned into a roto vs. h2h debate, huh.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:53 pm

jskidder wrote:kind of funny how this started as a thread about someone's great pitching night and turned into a roto vs. h2h debate, huh.

Lol. :-D It always rolls around to: H2H vs. Roto, Bonds vs. Ruth, AL vs. NL, pitching vs. hitting, or Red Sox vs. Yankees. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers