2006 MLB Home Run champion??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2006 MLB Home Run champion???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Los_Dodgers » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Mortician wrote:You can't include Pujols because he probably wont even be healthy enough to play on all star weekend. I still think tejada or berkman will be home run champ this year again...How can you argue with the rounds of 18 and 22 dingers these guys put up in previous derbies. Pujols or thome may end up with the most Home runs this year, but only thome has a shot at being the 2006 home run champ at the derby.....remember, the home run champ is the guy who wins the home run derby, not the player with the most home runs at the end of the year...I think everyone in the forum forgot that....newbies!!!!!!

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read...even if you were confused about the thread title, couldn't you have read my first post and then maybe tried to get some meaning out of it? Newbie. My other question was, will Cole Hamels manage to also develop a cure for AIDS?
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:25 pm

Mortician wrote:You can't include Pujols because he probably wont even be healthy enough to play on all star weekend. I still think tejada or berkman will be home run champ this year again...How can you argue with the rounds of 18 and 22 dingers these guys put up in previous derbies. Pujols or thome may end up with the most Home runs this year, but only thome has a shot at being the 2006 home run champ at the derby.....remember, the home run champ is the guy who wins the home run derby, not the player with the most home runs at the end of the year...I think everyone in the forum forgot that....newbies!!!!!!

Yo Newbie, the "home Run champion" is not the guy who wins the derby. That guy is called the home run derby winner. But I guess your little eyes got to looking too fast for your little mind to think it through properly.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mortician » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:09 am

actually we're all wrong. The home run champ of 2006 is Hank Aaron... but seriously, maybe for the past 5-10 years, theyve associated the term home run champ with the guy with the most home runs...but when i was a kid, the only person you would dare call home run champ would have been Ruth, until Aaron won the spot. Don't insult the masters by using the term so liberally for a one-year wonder.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby joshheines » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:46 am

Los_Dodgers wrote:My other question was, will Cole Hamels manage to also develop a cure for AIDS?

In 2031, President Cole Hamels (who by now is also the president of Princeton and Harvard's research sciences) will not only be the first MLB player to ever get admitted to the Hall of Fame as an active player, but he will also find a cure for HIV/AIDS. Three years later in 2034, as a Christmakwachannukah gift to the world, Cole Hamels will find a cure for all cancers of the world. Seven years later, Cole Hamels, the civil activist, will rid the world of drugs, guns and gangs and get them to embrace the "hugs not thugs" mentality. All the world's gangbangers (both the perverted and unperverted kind) will join the Hamels Peace Corp to bring peace and food and pieces of food to starving third world countries. By 2057, Cole Hamels will be admitted to the NFL, NBA and the NHL Halls of Fame, despite never having played a game. In 2072, The United States Curling Association inducts Cole Hamels into the Hall of Fame. Then, in 2089, Cole Hamels cures all genetic deformities.
Prior to his death and as a gift to the world, in 2100, Cole Hamels will conduct genetic testing and bring dinosaur's back to life in a safe harbor environment in the small island's of the Hawaiian islands. However, learning from the mistakes of Jurassic Parks 1-4, Cole Hamels Dinosaur Island is utterly flawless.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RedSox20 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:29 pm

Why are we so freakin' blessed, to be walking the earth at the same time as the great Cole Hamels.
RedSox20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers