2006 MLB Home Run champion??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2006 MLB Home Run champion???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby joshheines » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:40 pm

I'll say Cole Hamels wins the NL HR Title. I figure from here on out Hamels will get about 21 starts and average 4 AB per start. That means Hamels will pitch 189 IP (21 CG). He'll finish the season with 0 hits allowed, 0 ER (and 0 runs period for that matter) 567 K and 1 walk (no one's perfect). He'll also finish the season with 84 HR to capture the all-time season record for HR and the NL HR title for the year.

After this miraculous season, the senate will change the rules for a presidential election to allow all individuals over 18 to run for president. In 2008, Cole Hamels will run for president on the MLB ticket and win in an overwhelming fashion with 95% of the votes. Some votes of course will go to Ralph Nader. Others will be democratic and republican holdouts. Have no fear. By 2012, Hamels will run again and win an astounding 100% of the vote.

During this time he will still be a MLB baseball player and will have already set the MLB all-time records for HR for a batter and K's for a pitcher.

In 2015, Senate will again vote to allow the president to run for as many elections as the USA will vote him in for.

112 years later, in 2127, President Cole Hamels will pass away at the age of 143 years old while still in office and sharp as a tack. Of course, he will have shattered the age record by nearly 20 years. He will retire from baseball the all-time leader in every single category. He'll post nearly 2000 HR and over 5000 RBI. He'll end up with almost 800 wins and well over 10,000 strikeouts.

More important Cole Hamels, as president of the United States will eradicate world hunger and acheive world peace. Posthumously, the world leaders get together and decide to rename the Earth to Nirvana because Cole Hamels made it so. Much like Minneapolis and St. Paul, Nirvana will have twin city capitals named Cole and Hamels.

Hamels will leave a legacy as the greatest creature to ever grace Nirvana with its presence.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:47 pm

joshheines wrote:I'll say Cole Hamels wins the NL HR Title. I figure from here on out Hamels will get about 21 starts and average 4 AB per start. That means Hamels will pitch 189 IP (21 CG). He'll finish the season with 0 hits allowed, 0 ER (and 0 runs period for that matter) 567 K and 1 walk (no one's perfect). He'll also finish the season with 84 HR to capture the all-time season record for HR and the NL HR title for the year.

After this miraculous season, the senate will change the rules for a presidential election to allow all individuals over 18 to run for president. In 2008, Cole Hamels will run for president on the MLB ticket and win in an overwhelming fashion with 95% of the votes. Some votes of course will go to Ralph Nader. Others will be democratic and republican holdouts. Have no fear. By 2012, Hamels will run again and win an astounding 100% of the vote.

During this time he will still be a MLB baseball player and will have already set the MLB all-time records for HR for a batter and K's for a pitcher.

In 2015, Senate will again vote to allow the president to run for as many elections as the USA will vote him in for.

112 years later, in 2127, President Cole Hamels will pass away at the age of 143 years old while still in office and sharp as a tack. Of course, he will have shattered the age record by nearly 20 years. He will retire from baseball the all-time leader in every single category. He'll post nearly 2000 HR and over 5000 RBI. He'll end up with almost 800 wins and well over 10,000 strikeouts.

More important Cole Hamels, as president of the United States will eradicate world hunger and acheive world peace. Posthumously, the world leaders get together and decide to rename the Earth to Nirvana because Cole Hamels made it so. Much like Minneapolis and St. Paul, Nirvana will have twin city capitals named Cole and Hamels.

Hamels will leave a legacy as the greatest creature to ever grace Nirvana with its presence.

haha :-b
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:17 pm

joshheines wrote:I'll say Cole Hamels wins the NL HR Title. I figure from here on out Hamels will get about 21 starts and average 4 AB per start. That means Hamels will pitch 189 IP (21 CG). He'll finish the season with 0 hits allowed, 0 ER (and 0 runs period for that matter) 567 K and 1 walk (no one's perfect). He'll also finish the season with 84 HR to capture the all-time season record for HR and the NL HR title for the year.

Yea that or hell get injured
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tomdoyle3 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:20 pm

fantasygeek2006 wrote:Ryan Howard, the only guy that has THAT much opposite field power in the majors.

That, and he's been showing tons of power off of lefties lately as well. He really is the man. :-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:28 pm

finally a man who speaks the truth. ;-D
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

finally a man who speaks the truth. ;-D

hamels has my vote ;-D i say we should start making signs.. *Cole Hamels for President* i know its a bit early, but hey i have faith in the kid ;-D hopefully he doesnt become bill clinton and mess around with another girl like monica lewinsky. we dont need any more stupid TV shows like she got.. if any one recalls, the show where all the guys wore masks..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rin04 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:51 pm

I think Thome will win it in the AL and its between Howard and Pujols in the NL.
Rin04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Red Sox Frizeak » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:04 pm

why not ortiz. although his avg is down he is still hitting for power. i would go with big papi... hes a DH so i would also bank on him staying over some of these other players.

Big Papi
Red Sox Frizeak
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Cole Hamels knows what you just said about Cole Hamels and Cole Hamels likes it alot.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pokey » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:50 pm

Mortician wrote:You can't include Pujols because he probably wont even be healthy enough to play on all star weekend. I still think tejada or berkman will be home run champ this year again...How can you argue with the rounds of 18 and 22 dingers these guys put up in previous derbies. Pujols or thome may end up with the most Home runs this year, but only thome has a shot at being the 2006 home run champ at the derby.....remember, the home run champ is the guy who wins the home run derby, not the player with the most home runs at the end of the year...I think everyone in the forum forgot that....newbies!!!!!!

Actually that's the home run derby champ. This thread is about the home run champ...newbie, :-D
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers