The Angels are heating up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Angels are heating up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheOmen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:45 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:
johnsamo wrote:
Sending Jered Weaver is the dumbest thing they could possibly do but they may do it anyway... At a minimum, why not just stick him in the bullpen? What's he going to learn blowing away minor leaguers? Use him like the ChiSox are using McCarthy... some long relief, the occassional spot start, and somebody in the rotation is bound to go down at some point.

Jeff Weaver should be sent to pen, why screw around with a promising youngster? Who cares what happens to Jeff.

Agreed thumbs.gif .

Honestly, Jeff should be sent to the minors, and some bum off the street should be put in the pen, but that's niether here nor there I suppose.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Los_Dodgers » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:26 am

i'm really not quite sure the angels are the better team. if they are, wait til next year.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:09 am

w00t.

i have Colon and Lackey and i need some wins.

Let's go Los Angeles Angels of Anehiem via Orange County!
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dc928 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 pm

I am from the OC long time Angels / Dodgers fan. I don't think Angels has a better team because Dodgers is clicking this year. I mean Nomar works out great, their prospects are all hitting like crazy. They even get productions from Jason Repko for god's sake and not to mention they still have pitching prospect down in the farm.

Angels's offense will come around but their prospects needs time to develop. They need some pitching help and also need another big bat. They need to trade Adam Kennedy for some RP help and maybe trade some of their prospect for a big bat doesn't have to be Manny but someone we can come in and contribute right away. I was hearing the post game report by the Angels announcer I laugh at his response saying Angels shouldn't trade for anyone including Adam Kennedy. I mean common if you don't trade away people, how the hell u are going to get Howie Kendrik up.

With that say, I think both teams have bright futures tho.... ;-D
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:06 pm

According to CBS the Angels are about to send Jered Weaver back to Triple A.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

:-t
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 5 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:19 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:According to CBS the Angels are about to send Jered Weaver back to Triple A.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

:-t

I really thought Scioscia was smarter than that...if it really is his decision, I don't know.

Don't you think they'll want to see how Colon does before officially taking Jered out of the rotation?
General Manager
General Manager

Postby johnsamo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:52 pm

The Angels broadcasters are WAY TOO boosterish about the Angels' players. It's one thing to root for the hme team (and you're employer) but listenig to Rex Hudler at times, you'd think the Angels roster was filled with the greatest line-up that ever existed.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:56 pm

I think it may have to do with "options".... most of net starters, if he sent them down to AAA, they'd go on the wire and anybody could grab them, he can send Jered Weaver though....

ANd there is the whole brother issue... Do you nech Jeff to start Jered?

Still, I don't see why you can't send some reliever down and put one of the Weaver boys into long relief.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers