The Angels are heating up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Angels are heating up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Angels are heating up

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:28 pm

They SUCKED early, but they've won their last 5 series and Jered Weaver looks ready for prime time. They missed Colon and Figgy was cold as ice.

With Colon coming back and some young kids getting better, they may be set to go on a long run.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:30 pm

I have Colon and Figgy i'm pretty excited ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jdsun1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:35 pm

With Weaver and Morales. They are an even better team now. They always had the weapons I just really see things clicking from here on out.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:55 pm

If the Angels take weaver out of the rotation they deserve to lose. If they take Morales out of the line up for any reason they deserve to lose.

Figgins still looks like crap though.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LouisC9999 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:06 pm

O-Cab has been putting up some decent numbers ;-D ;-D ;-D
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Los_Dodgers » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:35 pm

Oh lord please don't let them heat up. I love the spotlight being on the Dodgers. It probably will stay on us though if we keep winning, and especially if Gagne can come back healthy.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:43 pm

Sending Jered Weaver is the dumbest thing they could possibly do but they may do it anyway... At a minimum, why not just stick him in the bullpen? What's he going to learn blowing away minor leaguers? Use him like the ChiSox are using McCarthy... some long relief, the occassional spot start, and somebody in the rotation is bound to go down at some point.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Los_Dodgers wrote:Oh lord please don't let them heat up. I love the spotlight being on the Dodgers. It probably will stay on us though if we keep winning, and especially if Gagne can come back healthy.

the spotlight has been on the dodgers for so many yrs.. the angels only gained it a few years ago, since the world series.. so dont go there man.. the angels are still the better team, and will gain the spotlight back once it starts clicking.. plus colon should be back soon which is great news for the angels. i hope both teams do well, but the angels are the better team! ;-D I LOVE THE ANGELS! ;-D
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:04 pm

johnsamo wrote:Sending Jered Weaver is the dumbest thing they could possibly do but they may do it anyway... At a minimum, why not just stick him in the bullpen? What's he going to learn blowing away minor leaguers? Use him like the ChiSox are using McCarthy... some long relief, the occassional spot start, and somebody in the rotation is bound to go down at some point.

Jeff Weaver should be sent to pen, why screw around with a promising youngster? Who cares what happens to Jeff.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mugwump » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:07 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:
johnsamo wrote:Sending Jered Weaver is the dumbest thing they could possibly do but they may do it anyway... At a minimum, why not just stick him in the bullpen? What's he going to learn blowing away minor leaguers? Use him like the ChiSox are using McCarthy... some long relief, the occassional spot start, and somebody in the rotation is bound to go down at some point.

Jeff Weaver should be sent to pen, why screw around with a promising youngster? Who cares what happens to Jeff.

Agreed ;-D .
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers