Another Yahoo Question? Changing player positions mid game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another Yahoo Question? Changing player positions mid game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Yahoo Question? Changing player positions mid game?

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:38 pm

Why can't I change Aramis (who is 0-4 today) as my utility over to my 3B since AROD won't be playing tonight.

I remember in the past I think with yahoo you can change positions with your player.

I wanna put Aramis at 3B and Thomas at UTIL and Arod on the bench.

Whats the difference if Aramis started at Util or 3B for me?

waaaaaa

:-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Another Yahoo Question? Changing player positions mid ga

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:39 pm

As far as I know, it has always locked the player and the positition about 5 minutes prior to game time.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:43 pm

slomo007 wrote:As far as I know, it has always locked the player and the positition about 5 minutes prior to game time.

I guess I don't understand why it should lock your position from switching to a different position.

Some guys you have on your team play multiple positions and its not your fault they start at different times of the day.

It makes no sense that just cause game A is at 2:00 PM you should be punished when a Player at 7:00 PM doesn't start. I don't understand why you can't move that player into his position.

I understand why you shouldn't be able to bench him thats easy.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Xtreemes » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:47 pm

I see no reason why you should be able to change someones position after their game starts.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:As far as I know, it has always locked the player and the positition about 5 minutes prior to game time.

I guess I don't understand why it should lock your position from switching to a different position.

Some guys you have on your team play multiple positions and its not your fault they start at different times of the day.

It makes no sense that just cause game A is at 2:00 PM you should be punished when a Player at 7:00 PM doesn't start. I don't understand why you can't move that player into his position.

thats the way its always been. what i try to do is put players who play daygames in spots that i wouldnt be able to move them anyway. for example, in my league we have LF, CF, RF, and berkman played earlier today. i only have 1 LF so i plug him in there because i cant move him around anyway. but i had rowand in my util spot and saw he wasnt playing and easily moved him out of my lineup and could plug anyone in there. what you should have done was see that your util was playing and plugged him into the 3b spot and if your 3b into the util. then if the 3b isnt playing later, you can make the switch there.

i hope that made sense.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

thats the way its always been. what i try to do is put players who play daygames in spots that i wouldnt be able to move them anyway. for example, in my league we have LF, CF, RF, and berkman played earlier today. i only have 1 LF so i plug him in there because i cant move him around anyway. but i had rowand in my util spot and saw he wasnt playing and easily moved him out of my lineup and could plug anyone in there. what you should have done was see that your util was playing and plugged him into the 3b spot and if your 3b into the util. then if the 3b isnt playing later, you can make the switch there.

i hope that made sense.

Yea that makes sense and I would have done that but I didn't even think about weather being a factor in NY. I don't think about rain much here in Colorado since it doens't ever rain.

as for this quote

I see no reason why you should be able to change someones position after their game starts.

Well you can switch positions in a real baseball game so why couldn't you do it in this one as long as no one currently playing has to hit the bench
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers