Beltran injured again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran injured again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran injured again

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:03 pm

Jun 7 Beltran, who is already dealing with a bruised right knee, needed medical attention but remained in the Mets' 8-5 loss to LA on Tuesday after making a diving catch at the warning track in right center on J.D. Drew's third-inning shot, the NY Daily News reports.

Recommendation: The early diagnosis is bruised ribs on the left side and Beltran initially thought he pulled a rib-cage muscle - like Albert Pujols' strained oblique - but was hoping afterward that it's nothing more serious than a bruise. The Mets and Beltran will have a better read on the extent of his injury on Wednesday, but with Cliff Floyd possibly out until the weekend with a sprained left ankle, look for Beltran to try and play as long as the injury is not too severe.

From RotoWire Via Yahoo

So Um...does he really have to get injured every week...any idea if the guy is gonna play or should I just go ahead and start Chone in his place.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yossarian » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Man, I really need his bat in my lineup. I hope it's not a Pujols type thing. I'm screwed if it is.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:16 pm

More info on the injury-appears he'll be playing, batting from the right side:

Carlos Beltran made a tremendous diving-n-sliding catch in the gap between center and left field. However, he suffered a bruise or a contusion in his rib while doing it. He appeared rattled when he came to his feet, needing medical attention for nearly five minutes. He stayed in the game, but told reporters he felt better as the game progressed…

According to Adam Rubin in the Daily News, Beltran will play tonight as he can bat right-handed, where he is experiencing less pain…

…my first reaction, when i saw him get to his feet, was, ‘oh, man, he pulled an oblique muscle, just like pujols…good bye, carlos.’…but, thankfully, that does not appear to be the case…

"It felt for a second like I pulled my rib cage," Beltran said. "When the trainer came out there, it gave me time to catch my breath and continue to play."

Beltran appears to be suffering from bruised ribs on his lower left side, just above his hip, but that's better than a strained oblique, the same injury that has sidelined Albert Pujols for the foreseeable future.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:21 pm

man, the guy is walking injury report lately :-t

With Pujols out, I can't afford for him to get injured. Please take better care of your self, Beltran :-o
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:22 pm

Alright beltran back in of course now Chone will hit 2 hr's and steal 5 bases.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BOWSER » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:Alright beltran back in of course now Chone will hit 2 hr's and steal 5 bases.
NOT :-D
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 pm

Looks like we have ourselves a trooper...in game, singled, stole third, playing through. ;-D
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dc928 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:37 pm

People he is not Mark Prior okay, he just played yesterday and even stole a base......I just get him cheap last week.... ;-D
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates