Is Zambrano's arm going to fall off? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Zambrano's arm going to fall off?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:15 pm

All I know is I dealt away Pierre and A-ram for Zambrano and Capuano and I'm not too stressed about it. I'm more worried obout Zambrano occasionally blowing up then getting injured.

knock on wood
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Zambrano's arm going to fall off?

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:34 pm

kaiser wrote:Is Zambrano's arm going to fall off?
Yes

It will fly off mid pitch and land in the seats. Some lucky fan will have themselves a unique souvenir.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 pm

Mmmmmm... Free arm....

The guy looks good- I'm gonna ride him. Was thinking about selling high, but this thread has convinced me to stick with him- of course, I didn't need that much convincing, especially since he has taken no-hitters into the late innings in his last two starts.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby dcskater619 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:05 pm

zambrano is very young and very bulky..he can throw 120-130 pitches a game with no problem on a regular rest. he will be fine..
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:08 pm

I think he'll be fine, he allegedly worked out to lose weight (although he doesn't look like Paris Hilton just yet...) over the winter to avoid some back problems and doesn't throw all that hard for a guy who's pretty big to begin with.

I also think that, unlike some of the other guys on the Cubs, he has seemed honest in the past, getting a cramp and you can see him shaking them off 'no big deal' on the mound but they shut him down anyway just in case. When Wood has shoulder soreness he keeps pitching even though he's not pitching effectively. Same w/ Prior. Too much 'I'm a gamer' going on.

In the game the other night, I think that the no-no caught up w/ him and he freaked out a bit. He had a 3-0 and a 3-1 count on two guys in a row but brought himself back in the counts by what appeared, at least on my TV while I was swilling beers w/ my jaw on the ground, to be focus and concentration, which have always been his biggest challenges.

The main problem is that if he keeps raking w/ the bat, Dusty's gonna have to get him in the lineup. Maybe he can C while Barrett's out? :-? :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby echrisl » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 pm

Andy1234 wrote:
Yes

It will fly off mid pitch and land in the seats. Some lucky fan will have themselves a unique souvenir.

Nah, that's probably one of those items security will come down and take away from the lucky fan who ends up with it.
Using a key to gouge expletives on another's vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship.
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zepfan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:21 am

Andy1234 wrote:
Yes

What would be really cool is if Zambrano signs it for the lucky fan. It would be tough to preserve it and keep it on display at the same time though. :-/

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:49 am

dyuen87 wrote:lets hope not. pitcher's used to go past 100 all the time, 127 isnt that much.

127 is alot, on a young arm. The fact Zambrano has been injury free so far at age 25, doesn't guarantee he will have a full career.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:53 am

zepfan wrote:
Andy1234 wrote:
Yes

What would be really cool is if Zambrano signs it for the lucky fan. It would be tough to preserve it and keep it on display at the same time though. :-/

:-? :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Apollo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:45 am

What would be really cool is if Zambrano signs it for the lucky fan. It would be tough to preserve it and keep it on display at the same time though.

He'd have to sign it left-handed, though. That'd be tricky.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers