Additions to better Yahoo Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Additions to better Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:34 pm

I like the stats by position thing you suggested.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dracovonborax » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:01 pm

i'd like for them to make Quality Starts a stat for SP in Leagues. My league has been wanting this stat for the past couple of years, have written in to Yahoo requesting it, but to no response. I feel that a QS stat would be much better than the Complete Game stat...which we do not use. It would make a difference in churning pitchers for the wins...even if it does hurt the era. Just a thought, want to make the Aces worth more.
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:59 pm

stats by slot and left on the bench would be great. I think sometimes, so many people get cute playing the matchups, trading around etc., that they end up shaving off enough of the value of a player that it gets silly.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rainman23 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:17 pm

dracovonborax wrote:i'd like for them to make Quality Starts a stat for SP in Leagues. My league has been wanting this stat for the past couple of years, have written in to Yahoo requesting it, but to no response. I feel that a QS stat would be much better than the Complete Game stat...which we do not use. It would make a difference in churning pitchers for the wins...even if it does hurt the era. Just a thought, want to make the Aces worth more.

Completely agree. They don't have a lot of good options that really reward the teams with good starters. Quality Starts would be a good one. We'll probably get somebody here saying that they don't think a 4.5 ERA represents quality -- well, actually it is a pretty good lower edge to quality. QS is a meaningful stat, and would be a great addition.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dodgers6 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:21 pm

red and green arros to show where u gained pts. and where u lost
dodgers6
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdsun1 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:06 am

Havok1517 wrote:I think the Trade Block is a great feature but it should be on the league frontpage so it can be paid attention to more.

A great idea. No one in my league I think even knows about this.

Also, I agree that a QS category should be added. OF course yahoo should have a better system for adding players as soon as they get called up as well.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:46 am

Gags Sports wrote:Oh, how can I forget this one. New this year...

A link to the FULL standings page that is accessible from any page on the site.

They used to have this on the top of the screen, but did away with it this year. The only place I know where you get there is from the League Overview page.

Totally agree with this. I liked last year better where you could click to the overall standings from any page.

As to adding quality starts, I'm highly against that stat completely. A 4.50 ERA is not quality, and in a roto league, if you're sporting a 4.50 ERA at the end of the year, you're toast. While it may be a meaningful stat for real life, for fantasy purposes it's pretty worthless.

Rumor has it that they will be adding a max innings cap per week for their public H2H leagues next year due to all the complaints about churners. I doubt they actually do it as they would lose clicks on the site (revenue), but that's the rumor......I don't play H2H leagues (and all private leagues now), so that one doesn't matter to me, but it will make a huge difference for some people if Yahoo actually went through with it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:09 am

standings should be one of the top menu links...why did they change this?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby United_I_Stand » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:11 am

i agree about the QS comment, i wouldn't change the public leagues from the 5x5 standard, but it should certainly be an option for private leagues.

just to be clear, heres wikipedia's definition of a quality start.

"Quality Start is a relatively new baseball statistic developed by John Lowe. It attempts to gauge the number of "good" starts that a pitcher has. A start is defined to be a quality start if the pitcher pitches at least six innings and allows no more than three earned runs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_start

personally i hate the win statistic, it often relates tenuously to how a pitcher has performed, and quality starts atleast removes the pitchers teams offensive performance out of the equation. i think it's hard to come up with a reasoned argument of how its less valid then the 'win' statistic, flawed yes, but the current system is more so.

i do like the trading block being more prominent suggestion, as it is definetly an under used feature.

also showing where you've gained/loss point in the roto catergories would be cool. how about this, a graph of how the rankings varied over the course of hte season. either split by all teams for a single stat, or all stats for a single team.

showing how many innings left for each team on one page (the detailed standings page prefferably) would be very useful in roto. i hate having to look through various pages to check where i'm standing relatively for the k/win catergories, so thats a good idea.
United_I_Stand
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dewey finn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:23 am

Whenever a trade is pending, and you click "details", there should be a list as to which manager has veto'd it so far.
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers