Additions to better Yahoo Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Additions to better Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Additions to better Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Postby jondunc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:34 am

I've played roto Fantasy Baseball with Yahoo for seven years now and every year I've been happy with the additions to their game. This year is my first in a PLUS league and that's even better. However, two additions really seem lacking to me:

1) A page that displays how long you've been in each position for the season. For example, you've been in first place 50 days, second place 30 days, etc. It could also include records (similar to their record book) for team that held first place/last place the longest, etc. This would add an interesting dimension for bragging rights if a team wins at the end of the season but only spent a few days in first.

2) A page that lists the cumulative numbers your team has put up at each position. For example, if I use 13 3b over the course of a season, I could refer to this page to compare their total numbers to another team that used 1 3b.

Any other ideas?
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
2006: 18th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (17 weeks in top 35)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thread7 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 am

I would also like a page showing the matchups for the day. Currently it shows the team your player is going against and the time of that game. But I want to see the scheduled pitcher (so I know who my batters are facing), and the pitcher's throwing hand (I may bench Trot Nixon if he is facing a lefty). For my fantasy pitchers I would like to see how good a batting team he is facing and if the stadium where he is pitching is pitcher friendly.
Thread7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jondunc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:17 am

Thread7 wrote:I would also like a page showing the matchups for the day. Currently it shows the team your player is going against and the time of that game. But I want to see the scheduled pitcher (so I know who my batters are facing), and the pitcher's throwing hand (I may bench Trot Nixon if he is facing a lefty). For my fantasy pitchers I would like to see how good a batting team he is facing and if the stadium where he is pitching is pitcher friendly.

This is already available, though perhaps not as directly as you would like. Next to the opponent, there is a link for the gametime. If you click that it will show the scheduled pitchers and their season numbers. Their handedness, and stadium are available through links therein as well.
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 am

I'd like to see them track who has left the most on the bench over the year.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby baseballyes » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 am

i'd like to be able to maxamize stattracker, since it's a pain to have to scroll around to see everything...it seems like an obvious error too. i wish they'd fix it.
baseballyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jondunc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:04 am

AcidRock23 wrote:I'd like to see them track who has left the most on the bench over the year.

This is a great idea.
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jondunc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:04 am

baseballyes wrote:i'd like to be able to maxamize stattracker, since it's a pain to have to scroll around to see everything...it seems like an obvious error too. i wish they'd fix it.

I agree, that does seem like an obvious oversight.
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Gags Sports » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:33 pm

One page that shows all remaining games played for positional players and all remaining IP for pitchers, by team.

This is obviously just for leagues with max innings and positions limits.

I HATE having to go check out each team in my league to see how many innings they have left. Surely they can add this to the standings page.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:37 pm

I think the Trade Block is a great feature but it should be on the league frontpage so it can be paid attention to more.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 125)

Postby Gags Sports » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:02 pm

Oh, how can I forget this one. New this year...

A link to the FULL standings page that is accessible from any page on the site.

They used to have this on the top of the screen, but did away with it this year. The only place I know where you get there is from the League Overview page.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers