Everything HGH (AKA The Plot Thickens) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Everything HGH (AKA The Plot Thickens)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:09 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:i read a while back that starbucks or something was making a special coffee to be marketed towards baseball players....

It makes sense - it works and it's legal. I used to work with a guy about 15 years ago who was an amateur body builder (he once won the heavyweight championship). I don't know what he took for building muscle mass (legal or illegal I can't say) but I do know what he took for energy because I used to work out with him occasionly - before his workout he would fill his water bottle with about 10 oz of cold water and I can't remember the exact amount but he would put about 8 or 10 big spoonfuls of instant coffee in it and shake it up and chug it! Seemed to work for him.

could be he was just after caffeine. caffeine is a legal stimulant. excessive levels used to be banned by olympic sports but i believe its now considered acceptable.

That's what I mean - why not just use something like that instead of a greenie

Don't kid yourself, greenies work A LOT better. The military use greenies for long missions and other situations when sleep is not necessarily an option. :-D ;-D

I know that - I'm just saying this can be an alternative if they're gonna crack down on the greenies
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:17 pm

stomperrob wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:i read a while back that starbucks or something was making a special coffee to be marketed towards baseball players....

It makes sense - it works and it's legal. I used to work with a guy about 15 years ago who was an amateur body builder (he once won the heavyweight championship). I don't know what he took for building muscle mass (legal or illegal I can't say) but I do know what he took for energy because I used to work out with him occasionly - before his workout he would fill his water bottle with about 10 oz of cold water and I can't remember the exact amount but he would put about 8 or 10 big spoonfuls of instant coffee in it and shake it up and chug it! Seemed to work for him.

could be he was just after caffeine. caffeine is a legal stimulant. excessive levels used to be banned by olympic sports but i believe its now considered acceptable.

That's what I mean - why not just use something like that instead of a greenie

Don't kid yourself, greenies work A LOT better. The military use greenies for long missions and other situations when sleep is not necessarily an option. :-D ;-D

I know that - I'm just saying this can be an alternative if they're gonna crack down on the greenies

I think that any guy who's using greenies in a regular or quasi-regular manner is going to be very disappointed in coffee, even if Starbuck's makes some sort of special formula for MLB.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:41 pm

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:08 pm

Havok1517 wrote:David Segui & now Paxton Crawford

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/b ... index.html

It's all coming out little by little. I can't see how any of this would be a surprise to anybody.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:59 am

OMG!! I am shocked. No way! Speechless
and a pitcher none the less .. whats the world coming too.

Better yet, where are the cafes moral police on this one.
All the sudden we have no Sox fans around here either ;-7

Shocked!
:-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:00 am

"No one forced him to take anything," Wakefield said. "I remember him not being too bright. That's what I remember about him."

For some reason this seems to be the most prudent part of the article, combined with his unwillingness to expose anyone, and this:

"They told me that if I took this stuff, it would make the pain go away and cut my recovery time in half. Shoot, why not? I'm just a country boy. I didn't even think twice."

Likely he was an inept person who abused. Go Darwin.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:06 am

kentx12 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Coffee is speed, aderol is speed, whatever not that big of a deal. This isn't as big of a deal as Roids IMO.

Everyone needs a pick me up

Why not? If Bonds were chasing the homerun record, and was only reported to be on speed, I'm fairly sure we would have the same number of Bonds hater threads.

I compleatly disagree. If it had of came out that Bonds was using speed it would have never been mentioned again. Speed dosent make you hit a baseball farther than you could ever dream of hitting it before you took it.

Speed is a slang term for Meth. Look up the effects of Meth. Yes Meth can make many do any physical feat they never dreamed of possible. You don't have much experience in the "real"/drug/rehab world do you?
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Apollo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:17 am

wrveres wrote:Better yet, where are the cafes moral police on this one.
All the sudden we have no Sox fans around here either ;-7

Shocked!
:-b

Don't worry, wrv, I'm on my way! Darn that Paxton Crawford! And phooey on you, David Segui! As a child, I loved those designer shades and your rippling biceps that for some reason only hit singles. And now I find that you're a cheat!

ASTERISK 'EM ALL!

:-]
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:29 am

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
kentx12 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Coffee is speed, aderol is speed, whatever not that big of a deal. This isn't as big of a deal as Roids IMO.

Everyone needs a pick me up

Why not? If Bonds were chasing the homerun record, and was only reported to be on speed, I'm fairly sure we would have the same number of Bonds hater threads.

I compleatly disagree. If it had of came out that Bonds was using speed it would have never been mentioned again. Speed dosent make you hit a baseball farther than you could ever dream of hitting it before you took it.

Speed is a slang term for Meth. Look up the effects of Meth. Yes Meth can make many do any physical feat they never dreamed of possible. You don't have much experience in the "real"/drug/rehab world do you?

Chrisy, just to give you some background because you haven't been around very long... kenxt12 despises Bonds with every bone in his body. Illogically, too, because the reasons he gives for hating Bonds are basically stupid and inane. He has said that using greenies is equal to drinking coffee, and when he's proven wrong, he avoids the question and just spreads his filth in further threads.

He doesn't understand that meth use is by far- by FAR- worse than steroid use.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Chicago RedSox » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:00 pm

I'm curious to see if Segui and Crawford end up being some of the names on Grimsley's blacked out list. I was thinking they might be trying to do some damage control by admiting to it before it shows up in the papers. And IF that is the case, we might see some more people stepping forward pretty soon....

But to clarify, taking a speed pill is not the same thing as smoking crystal meth. Speed IS a methamphetamine, but grouping the two is like saying a Toyota Tercel and a Lambergini Diablo are both cars. And either way, if it's illegal for normal Americans, it should be illegal for baseball players.
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers