Matt Kemp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Matt Kemp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:46 am

He looks pretty good but I don't think he keeps up this pace. Although Grady's comments were nice
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:53 am

Krunk City King$ wrote:i think that i heard the braves announcers talk about him last week....and i am pretty sure that they said good things about him.

but is this rotoworld blurb true? because it kinda puts a damper on the earlier post...

Matt Kemp - Outfielder

Matt Kemp went 2-for-4 and hit his fourth homer Tuesday in a win over the Mets.
bIt doesn't take much more than an average curve or slider to make Kemp look silly, but when he gets something straight, he's feasting at the plate. We're guessing Tom Glavine, Wednesday's scheduled starter, was taking notes. Jun. 7 - 2:01 am et

Sure these youngsters will look foolish on many of swings. For example, i've been looking at Milledge very closely during his AB's with the Tivo slow motion, LM swings at some breaking balls that break away about a foot from the bat, other times he's able to hold off these pitches. If there good, they'll adjust.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Diggs » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:34 pm

Philliebuster wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:i think that i heard the braves announcers talk about him last week....and i am pretty sure that they said good things about him.

but is this rotoworld blurb true? because it kinda puts a damper on the earlier post...

Matt Kemp - Outfielder

Matt Kemp went 2-for-4 and hit his fourth homer Tuesday in a win over the Mets.
bIt doesn't take much more than an average curve or slider to make Kemp look silly, but when he gets something straight, he's feasting at the plate. We're guessing Tom Glavine, Wednesday's scheduled starter, was taking notes. Jun. 7 - 2:01 am et

Sure these youngsters will look foolish on many of swings. For example, i've been looking at Milledge very closely during his AB's with the Tivo slow motion, LM swings at some breaking balls that break away about a foot from the bat, other times he's able to hold off these pitches. If there good, they'll adjust.

Exactly. Plus, that rotoworld blurb was written after the Mets and Dodgers first game. Yes, Kemp looked silly swinging at curveballs his first two at bats .... but those curve balls were coming from Pedro Martinez. PEDRO FREAKING MARTINEZ! Are they comparing Pedro's curveball to an "average major league curveball?"

Also, Kemp made a tremendous adjustment because Pedro threw him 1 curveball too many as during his 3rd at bat ... he parked a Pedro curveball 400 feet to right center field.

Rotoworld is such a joke sometimes.

HTH.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby uncabomb » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:50 pm

alright, you have one spot on your roster, who is it , milledge or kemp, considering most playing time (milledge only has to go up against an injured floyd or x. nady. also consider the tools, i think milledge would get my vote...what do y'all think?
uncabomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:04 pm

uncabomb wrote:alright, you have one spot on your roster, who is it , milledge or kemp, considering most playing time (milledge only has to go up against an injured floyd or x. nady. also consider the tools, i think milledge would get my vote...what do y'all think?

Just basing it off of pre-season prospect rankings it would be Milledge. Add in playing time considerations and that makes it even more in Milledge's favor. Finally Milledge has looked OUTSTANDING in the field. The way he's been playing out there he could have a spot on a lot of teams even if he wasn't hitting. If he keeps hitting decently well and continues his excellent play in the field he'll be very hard to dislodge from the starting lineup.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby swyck » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:33 pm

Philliebuster wrote:i've been looking at Milledge very closely during his AB's with the Tivo slow motion, LM swings at some breaking balls that break away about a foot from the bat, other times he's able to hold off these pitches. If there good, they'll adjust.

Lol, I love it. I dont care what anyone says. This is a great time to be following baseball. B-)
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby AdvRider » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:11 pm

The playing time question is killing me .... once Repko comes back the LA OF is Drew Lofton Cruz Ethier Repko and Kemp. Ugh. That's the obvious con.

The pro is that Cruz sucks and belongs on the bench and given time will play himself onto the pine. That Grady Little endorses Kemp so wholeheartedly. And that Drew and Lofton are injury prone.

Ah crap. While I'm scratching my head between Kemp and Milledge someone else probably just pulled the trigger... !+)
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby avstars » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:54 pm

I'm gonna take a shot and drop Willingham for him.
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hayseed » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:53 pm

i was convinced by today's performance. he'll be in my lineup next dodger game!
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby birdmandig » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:56 am

he's been in my line up since the first day he played in majors and now he looks like awesome

Dude is a beast.....
birdmandig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates