Cliff Floyd - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cliff Floyd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:28 am

Even if it's a sprain, it's another indication that Floyd isn't past his unnaturally fragile body era, which makes him a feast or famine fantasy baseball player.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cobbs87 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:18 pm

drop him for Matt Kemp?
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Big Train » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 pm

Apparently positive news if you plan on keeping Floyd...

newsday.com:

.... As for Cliff Floyd, he walked into the visitors clubhouse wearing new brown Alligator shoes, a strong indication that his sprained left ankle was not as bad as previously feared. Floyd was a no-go for Wednesday night's game, but both he and Reyes were hoping to return to the lineup for Thursday night's series opener in Arizona.

"I guess the man upstairs said if I get hurt, at least give me a speedy recovery," said Floyd, who has had his share of injuries. "I know one thing's not good to be a shorthanded team. If I can get out there being smart, I'll get back out there."

Floyd's injury looked devastating when it happened, especially in light of his past Achilles tendon problems. Floyd caught a spike as he slowed up approaching third base on Jose Valentin's RBI double in the second inning and rolled his ankle almost completely over. He hopped the rest of the way to the base and had to be helped off the field by Randolph and assistant trainer Mike Herbst.

After the game, Floyd's ankle was twice its normal size, but it was a positive sign that he was standing at his locker without discomfort. He had no difficulty walking around Wednesday but the true test will be when he tries to run in cleats on Thursday. Judging by his gait in the ankle-high Alligator shoes, however, that shouldn't be a problem unless he just feels he needs another day to heal.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:01 pm

Randolph said Floyd will probably skip the ARI series but could be back for the PHI series.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:55 am

Floyd will be back tomorrow for the start of the PHI series. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Geek » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:20 pm

People still own Cliff Floyd?
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:32 pm

Geek wrote:People still own Cliff Floyd?

Not all of us play in 12-team mixed leagues. So, in short, yes.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SimbaPenn » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:52 pm

From Newsday:

No Cliff again

Cliff Floyd's return from a sprained left ankle was delayed yet another day when the leftfielder decided he was a no-go for last night's game against the Phillies. Floyd went out to the field before many of his teammates arrived yesterday to test his ankle on the basepaths and it did not respond like he had hoped.

"I just don't feel comfortable going out there and ruining my team's chances of winning the game because I can't catch a ball or I can't get to a base," Floyd said. "Keeping it real with y'all and keeping it real with myself, I'm better off not going out there and hurting the team."

Floyd turned the ankle June 6 as he was slowing up approaching third base. Initially, Floyd assumed he would be ready by the weekend in Arizona. After missing his sixth game last night, Floyd didn't rule out the disabled list, but that seems unlikely at this point.

"It's improving, but I don't know to what extent you take a risk," Floyd said.

The Mets certainly haven't needed Floyd -- they went 5-0 after losing him that night in Los Angeles -- and the play of Endy Chavez and Lastings Milledge has made him almost a forgotten man.

"I think he's close -- real close," manager Willie Randolph said. "I think every day, he gets stronger and stronger, so in a situation like this, when the team's playing well, guys are picking each other up, there's no reason to have someone out there favoring an injury. It doesn't make sense. He might come in tomorrow and feel real good. When he's ready to go, we'll put him in."
SimbaPenn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SimbaPenn » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:20 pm

To follow up, Willie Randolph just said on 660AM in New York that he hopes Floyd will be back by Friday. His voice sounded uncertain though. Thank you Cliff for being out for almost two weeks without going on the DL. I hate you.
SimbaPenn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby flowbee » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:57 pm

6/27

"Cliff Floyd (sprained ankle) went 1-for-2 with a homerun while DHing in his first minor league rehab game.
Floyd is still unable to play the field so he is unlikely to return to the Mets until this weekend's series against the Yankees. "

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpage ... m=&id=1910

I'm sure a lot of us could use his bat
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates