Blatant brag post - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Blatant brag post

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:48 am

CadensDad wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Glad you had a good day.
I had to fire someone today.

Depending on if you like the person or not that can be fun. I use to be a shift manager at a place and got to fire a few peep's in my day. I enjoyed firing two of them.

It actually was a 17 year old kid who showed up 2 hours late. "I had to help my mom do something" was the cherry on top. He' wasn't fit for my outfit. I've had a few customers complain about him so it's down the road for him. He's not a bad kid but I don't employ people because they are nice guys.

For the record, I don't like firing people. However I have no problem doing it. Two months ago I fired someone I've known for 5 years. I even went to his wedding. Business first.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:58 am

Oblivion is a great game. Nice pick!
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby CadensDad » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:05 am

Fireball Express wrote:
CadensDad wrote:

Depending on if you like the person or not that can be fun. I use to be a shift manager at a place and got to fire a few peep's in my day. I enjoyed firing two of them.

It actually was a 17 year old kid who showed up 2 hours late. "I had to help my mom do something" was the cherry on top. He' wasn't fit for my outfit. I've had a few customers complain about him so it's down the road for him. He's not a bad kid but I don't employ people because they are nice guys.

For the record, I don't like firing people. However I have no problem doing it. Two months ago I fired someone I've known for 5 years. I even went to his wedding. Business first.

I fired a 16 year old girl who I hired and I hand selected from like 20 app's (Really cute redhead who I enjoyed interviewing) She was slow, lazy and caught 3 times talking on her cell phone when she had customers waiting for her to take thier order. Well she came in one night on my shift wearing white shoes (Dress code requires black) and without her apron. I told her as nicely as I could she needed to go home and get the rest of her uniform and be back within 1 hour. (She only live like 15 mins from work) Well after a hour and thirty minutes she should back up and she still didnt have her apron. So I told her to just go home and dont bother coming back.

I hated firing her because she was nice to look at.

I fired this one guy and tried my hardest not to laugh as he sat there and asked me if I knew what it was like to have to work to pay to put gas in your own car.

(His very rich parents got him a brand new 2004 GMC Yukon, they paid cash for it and paid his insurance on it for a full year in advance. The only "requirement" was he had to buy his own gas for it.)

I found him twice in the same night outside the building showing his car off to his buddies who came by to see him while he was at work. I didnt like him from hsi first night because he had a bad attitude, the first time I walked out and told him to come back in b/c he had guest waiting on him. He then complained to me that he wasn't use to working so we shouldnt expect much from him. The 2nd time I found him outside (Barely twenty minute slater) I told him that since he was out there he could get in his car and go home.

I have alot more stories, I worked in a resturant with a bunch of idiots, there is only like 5 or 6 of us who actually had a clue what to do there. Alot of fun, alot of nightmares, but the stories last a life time

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:36 am

8-o What a sweet gig Sim! :-B ;-D

I've played Project Gotham 3 on a big screen high definition TV and it was very, very sweet! ;-D

Just in case anyone's interested, I was in a (used to be Funcoland--can't remember what it's called now) so my son could buy a few new games for his Game Boy and I got to talking to one of the workers there and he told me that Microsoft told them that they will be dropping the price of the 360 to $199 and $299 when PS3 hits the market right before Christmas. Anyone looking to buy one anytime soon, you might wait just a bit. ;-)

Oh and oddly enough, I've got a relative in Seattle and he mentioned that the 360 had just dropped to $299 and $399 after hitting the stores at $399 and $499. Seems very odd to me that the 360 would cost more up there originally, so can anyone confirm that to be true? :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:15 am

CadensDad wrote:

I have never found anything fun about having to fire anybody at anytime. There are times when firing is the only option, but it still is not a fun thing to have to do.

Sim--That definitely sounds like a great day, getting paid to play XBox all day long. ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:54 am

Sweet day Sim. How close are they watching that X-Box? }:-)

I have been trying to hold off getting one until the price drop. This is taking some Jedi-like willpower.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:01 am

LUCKY!!!!

I have to help people fix there computers all day..Well actually thats what I wish I was doing I was tricked into taking this job where there are "only a few accounting software calls".

Yea right there are like 75 a day out of 80 calls.

BOOO

Anyways have fun with elder scrolls...Its super buggy but really awesome. Just try not to kill any quest charecters :)

Oh and joing the thieves guild its fun!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:07 pm

Holy crap. Lucky...
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:11 pm

That's out of this world :*)

;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Madison wrote:8-o What a sweet gig Sim! :-B ;-D

I've played Project Gotham 3 on a big screen high definition TV and it was very, very sweet! ;-D

Just in case anyone's interested, I was in a (used to be Funcoland--can't remember what it's called now) so my son could buy a few new games for his Game Boy and I got to talking to one of the workers there and he told me that Microsoft told them that they will be dropping the price of the 360 to $199 and $299 when PS3 hits the market right before Christmas. Anyone looking to buy one anytime soon, you might wait just a bit. ;-)

Oh and oddly enough, I've got a relative in Seattle and he mentioned that the 360 had just dropped to $299 and $399 after hitting the stores at $399 and $499. Seems very odd to me that the 360 would cost more up there originally, so can anyone confirm that to be true? :-?

Not to be hating, but most of that sounds like rumor-mongering drawn from a pretty obvious conclusion. Its no guarantee, but there is a good chance Microsoft will drop the price 50-100.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk