Jake Peavy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jake Peavy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theonetheonlypv » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:49 am

somehow, i didn't expect him to be my worst pitcher today when i was also starting bush, robertson, and hamels. i kinda expected that he would have stats similar to bush's and vice versa.
theonetheonlypv
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:28 am

salty_tapioca_balls wrote:I agree. If you're gonna sit him for 8 days, you might as well make it 2 weeks to allow the swelling to go down. I just traded for him, after he struck out 16 batters in one game. Luckily I only gave up Willy Aybar and Nelson Cruz for him.

Thats someone who was seriously undervaluing Peavy. I tried to trade Halliday and Gordon for Peavy and Papelbon just the other day (just before his last start), and he refused the trade... he overvalued Papelbon, IMO. He might end up regretting that one.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby twistedude » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:47 am

quitesanemax wrote:Thats someone who was seriously undervaluing Peavy. I tried to trade Halliday and Gordon for Peavy and Papelbon just the other day (just before his last start), and he refused the trade... he overvalued Papelbon, IMO. He might end up regretting that one.

I would have rejected that offer as well.
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby The G-Man » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:59 am

masarume wrote:Great. Pujols and now Peavy.

I went from 2nd to 6th in my 10 team keeper league.

Now I'm trying to stay alive for the playoffs.

This is wierd. Back on May 3, I traded Hawpe/Schmidt/Otsuka for Peavy and Godzilla. Now I may be without both, but I have moved up from 11th place up to 3rd. Go figure.
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 am

twistedude wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:Thats someone who was seriously undervaluing Peavy. I tried to trade Halliday and Gordon for Peavy and Papelbon just the other day (just before his last start), and he refused the trade... he overvalued Papelbon, IMO. He might end up regretting that one.

I would have rejected that offer as well.

I don't think it was a bad offer. I think Halladay, even when I sent that trade, is a little more valuable than Peavy. It seems that people undervalue Gordon a bit, and maybe (this from a Red Sox fan) over value Papelbon a bit. I don't know if it was the greatest trade offer, but it was fair. As I said, he might end up regretting not accepting it. We'll see, I guess. I have Sheets, Burnett, and Patterson on the DL, so, if Peavy ends up on the DL, I'm certainly glad he didn't accept it.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby josebach » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 am

Peavy had a postive bullpen session. Looks like no DL stint... for now. ;-D :-o

"Jake worked pretty hard. His arm felt good and he ironed out some things with his delivery"

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/m ... sp&c_id=sd

also from rotoworld:

Jake Peavy pronounced himself healthy following Thursday's bullpen session.
Peavy will make his scheduled start on Sunday and feels his shoulder tendinitis problems are behind him. "Everything is well," Peavy said after his 40-pitch session. "I got in some work, some much-needed work. I don't think there is any concern about how I'll feel tomorrow." Jun. 9 - 10:48 am et
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Jake Peavy Update

Postby dipset » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:23 pm

THE NEWS
Jake Peavy threw a bullpen session on Thursday and proved that his ailing shoulder is good to go. "I knew I had to show them I could work today," Peavy told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "If I couldn't, I was looking at the disabled list." Peavy reportedly was strong in the bullpen session and reported no ill effects afterwards.

Our View
The Padres were concerned about the tendinitis in Peavy's shoulder, an issue he's been dealing with for the past couple of weeks. He apparently passed the Thursday test with flying colors, and is on schedule to make his start on Sunday. Keep an eye on that game and if Peavy pitches well go ahead and leave the ace in your lineup for the foreseeable future.

http://www.fanball.com
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:17 pm

Great News, hopefully he can get his stuff together and be the ace i drafted him to be
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates