Jake Peavy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jake Peavy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:56 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:the guys has a 4.5 era and he's shown absolutely no consistency. that shoulder has to be bugging him more than he's letting on. i smell a DL stint very soon.

:-o :~( i'm thinking of selling LOW in my H2H league right now, just to get something out of him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cookman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:22 pm

I thought I was buying low on him about a month ago. He has since rewarded me with 1 win and an ERA of just under 7. If you're planning on buying low, you might just want to wait until he hits the DL.

Side note: Just a vent because I REALLY need to vent to someone. If you don't care to hear it then stop reading. MY PITCHING IS F#$!ING KILLING ME. I thought I was going to be gold with Peavy, Harden, Beckett, Prior, and Lowry (we only start three in this league, don't ask me why). Well Harden and Lowry both missed about 6 weeks, Prior has taken about a month and a half longer to come back than originally expected (don't know why that was a shocker to me), and Beckett and Peavy have both sucked and I would not be surprised if they both land stints on the DL soon. I now find myself in last place in ERA, almost a half-point behind the next closest guy and almost a full point behind the guy in front of him, in a 12 TEAM LEAGUE. If it doesn't get any better soon, I'm going to have to punt that category, and it's not even the All Star break yet.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:34 pm

My staff is decent without him so I wouldn't mind the Pads putting him on a real quick DL stint so he can get that shoulder rested up. If they just keep starting him it might get worse and he'll have some more 3 IP 6 ER type games.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daveblotto » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:46 pm

At this point as a guy who took Peavy in the 2nd round. I wish they WOULD DL him already and just let him rest the shoulder and then come back and be Peavy. If not, I don't see anything to show me he's gonna be back to form any time soon.
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:25 pm

cookman wrote:Side note: Just a vent because I REALLY need to vent to someone. If you don't care to hear it then stop reading. MY PITCHING IS F#$!ING KILLING ME. I thought I was going to be gold with Peavy, Harden, Beckett, Prior, and Lowry (we only start three in this league, don't ask me why). Well Harden and Lowry both missed about 6 weeks, Prior has taken about a month and a half longer to come back than originally expected (don't know why that was a shocker to me), and Beckett and Peavy have both sucked and I would not be surprised if they both land stints on the DL soon.

I feel your pain, man. My pitching -- expected to be a strength -- has sucked too. Try Peavy (DL-bound?), Harden (just off the DL), Colon (DL), Bedard (Leo who?), and Marquis (who's getting lit up like one). When Tony Armas has been your best SP, you know you're in trouble.

As for the subject of the post, I think Peavy's gonna be ok, tho' it might take an extended rest period to get him there. No way I'd trade him, especially since I'm in a keeper league.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jondunc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:06 pm

cookman wrote:and Marquis (who's getting lit up like one).

Very nice.
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
2006: 18th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (17 weeks in top 35)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers