John Lester - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

John Lester

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kid sox » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:54 pm

DaleMurphy wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:Ha...wisea$$'s...

Wednesday's rainout may keep the Red Sox from calling Jon Lester up to start Saturday.

Boston can push Matt Clement's start back from Friday to Saturday, which basically allows them to chose whether they want David Pauley or Lester to start once this weekend.

Boston radio is talking about Lester no being called up beacase of the rainout...looks like his MLB debut will have to be placed on hold

My sources indicate that Clement will get pushed back to Sunday (to give his arm a rest) and that Lester WILL pitch the afternoon game.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:27 pm

kid sox wrote:
DaleMurphy wrote:

Wednesday's rainout may keep the Red Sox from calling Jon Lester up to start Saturday.

Boston can push Matt Clement's start back from Friday to Saturday, which basically allows them to chose whether they want David Pauley or Lester to start once this weekend.

Boston radio is talking about Lester no being called up beacase of the rainout...looks like his MLB debut will have to be placed on hold

My sources indicate that Clement will get pushed back to Sunday (to give his arm a rest) and that Lester WILL pitch the afternoon game.

They just said on the game today that Lester will pitch the day game Saturday.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kid sox » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:19 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
kid sox wrote:
DaleMurphy wrote:

exactly what I said.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Prooks25 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:58 pm

kid sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
kid sox wrote:
DaleMurphy wrote:

exactly what I said.

Oh reallyyyyyyyyyy...
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby celtics464 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:49 am

well, Wells lokos just about finished. Clement has a sore shoulder. Pauley might be ahead of him if they need to bring someone up. Have to wait and see i guess. no real answer to this question yet
celtics464
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Philliebuster » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:08 am

News: The highly-anticipated debut of Red Sox lefty Jon Lester will in fact take place Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader vs. Texas. Lester, 22, was 3-4 with a 2.70 ERA in 11 starts with Triple A Pawtucket as he gradually built up his arm strength. He pitched 11 2/3 innings in April, when he went 0-4 with a 6.94 ERA, but since May 1, he's gone 3-0 with a 1.29 ERA. "I'm very excited about it," manager Terry Francona told the Boston Globe. "I see a lot of things in him to see why a lot of people are in love with him. He competes. He's lefthanded. He's got three or four different pitches that he commands. He's on his way to becoming a very solid major league pitcher."

Analysis: Given the state of Boston's rotation - David Wells out, Matt Clement inconsistent, David Pauley likely headed back to minors - Lester will be given an opportunity to stick for the long term. One of the top pitching prospects in baseball, consider Lester a must own in all AL and keeper league formats. See how he performs before jumping on him in mixed formats.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:23 am

See how he performs before jumping on him in mixed formats.

Looks like, if you use Yahoo anyway, your not going to have much of a choice there. He ain't out there yet.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates