Mets '06 Trade Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mets '06 Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:26 pm

Coppermine wrote:Him moving to the outfield though will surely hurt his fantasy value for next year.

True assuming Vidro stays healthy. What are the odds of that? :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Him moving to the outfield though will surely hurt his fantasy value for next year.

True assuming Vidro stays healthy. What are the odds of that? :-D

Honestly, if I was the Nats, I'd have no qualms moving Soriano to second and trading the aging Vidro; I have yet to be in a league where he's drafted. Even if he won't accept a trade, could the Nats possibly have a AAA 2B that has more potential than Vidro?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Some early trade rumors

Postby BlueBombers » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:54 pm

BlueBombers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Rumor - Floyd to Tigers???

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:13 am

From MLBtraderumors.com

Cliff Floyd To Tigers?
John Delcos, writer for The Journal News, has a Cliff Floyd rumor that's been making the rounds. The rumor seems more on the speculative side; I'm not sure that Delcos is suggesting that the Tigers have asked about Floyd specifically.

Instead, Delcos's friend may have just been curious about the Mets' interest, which apparently is slim. But let's see which Tiger arms could perhaps be enough to acquire Floyd, an impending free agent. Floyd had a very rough start but has hit .267/.383/.489 in May - pretty close to career norms.

Humberto Sanchez and Jordan Tata come to mind as two very marketable commodities for GM Dave Dombrowski. Both are close to Major League ready and bring low 90s heat. Sanchez has a 1.84 ERA and 1.04 WHIP in 10 Double A starts this season. Tata handled himself capably in a brief Major League stint this season, and is back to starting games in Triple A.
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Doesn't sound serious; I mean this is mostly made up by this writer. "He didn't mention Floyd specifically, or these two prospects I'm about to name, but you never know!" ;-7

That being said, I don't know anything about these two prospects other than what I've just read. Anyone have reports?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Mets '06 Trade Rumors

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:46 pm

I'm just going to make one thread to consolidate the trade rumors. I'm sure as the deadline nears we're going to get flooded with them and this will give me a spot to merge them. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mets9131 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:12 pm

On WFAN today heard talks about Milledge for Zito and Nick Swisher. Hope its not true the only player i would trade him for is Willis but knowing the mets you never know
mets9131
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:22 pm

Milledge for Zito has been a rumor for a year and a half now. I still believe that if Omar was willing to deal Milledge, Zito would already be a Met. ;-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Ken Rosenthal wrote:The Mets, continuing their efforts to trade second baseman Kaz Matsui, could find a surprise taker: The Rockies.

Utility man Eli Marrero would go to the Mets in a proposed deal, FOXSports.com has learned, but Matsui's $8 million salary remains an obstacle to any move.

The Rockies lack a comparable salary to exchange for Matsui; first baseman Todd Helton and right-hander Jason Jennings are their only players earning more than $2.5 million.

Marrero is earning $750,000, so the Mets almost certainly would need to assume a significant part of Matsui's remaining salary to complete the trade.

This would be pretty sweet. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:38 pm

Where there's smoke, there's fire... more Kaz...

NY Post wrote: When Xavier Nady comes back from the disabled list - which could be as early as Tuesday - Matsui is a candidate to be released by the Mets, according to a person with knowledge of the club's thinking.

Matsui also be traded; one major league team official said yesterday there was buzz that the Mets were going to "move him soon."

Matsui has been close to a total bust in his two-plus seasons with the Mets, and this year so far has been his worst.

The 30-year-old Japanese second baseman sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee during spring training and wasn't activated until April 18. He is no longer playing every day (with one start since May 27), is batting .200 with seven RBIs in 130 at-bats this season, and is mired in a 4-for-47 slump since May 16. Matsui has fielded well, making only one error.

Matsui said yesterday he was not frustrated about not playing much lately, taking a Mets-first stance. He also said he was not worried about possibly being released.

"No, that doesn't concern me because I'm focusing right now on just to get better on the productive end," said Matsui, making $8 million this year in the final season of his contract.

Jose Valentin has done well offensively since essentially becoming the team's starting second baseman. After going 2-for-4 in the Mets' 7-1 win over the Diamondbacks last night, he is batting .290 with five homers and 20 RBIs in 97 at-bats. Chris Woodward, who also has played second, is hitting .291.

Trading Matsui - who inked a three-year deal for $20.1 million with the Mets before the 2004 season - could be difficult. He only can be dealt to the Yankees, Angels or Dodgers (though he could waive that right). The Mets likely would have to pay a good deal of his salary as well.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to New York Mets