Anyone else in a league like this? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone else in a league like this?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone else in a league like this?

Postby costag » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:27 am

This is driving me nuts. A yahoo 16 team private league that I am in has vetoed 17 out of 23 trade proposals. Granted, a couple were ridiculus offers but come on 74% of the trades shot down!!!!

It's no fun when you play with a bunch of morons.
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrider » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:30 am

Are you in a league where the league voes. Because from my view then trades would just vetoed because a guy doesn't want a contender to get better. Vetoing trades is stupid.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby costag » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:59 am

League votes.

I am in first place and had a trade going with the 2nd place team and that got shot down.

I thought it was pretty fair.

My Hank Blalock and Javier Vazquez
for
his Chipper Jones and Ryan Demspter

It's just not that, managers seemed to be shooting them down for the hell of it. It sucks!
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:05 pm

The problem with them all getting vetoed like that is that all they have to do is click a button. They don't have to say why they're vetoing the trade. We made it so on Yahoo, I, the commish am the only one who can veto a trade, not by vote. I do not veto the trades though, it's still a league vote in this manner: If you want to veto a trade, you must post on the MB why you want to veto the trade. If we got the minimum votes (5 in a 12 team league for us), I, the commish would veto the trade.

I had one guy post that he wanted to veto because he wanted one of the players in the trade so he vetoed. Not a reason to veto. This way is harder, but it forces people to explain their reason for vetoing and filtering out stupid reasons like I had just mentioned.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Third Day » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 pm

chadlincoln wrote:The problem with them all getting vetoed like that is that all they have to do is click a button. They don't have to say why they're vetoing the trade. We made it so on Yahoo, I, the commish am the only one who can veto a trade, not by vote. I do not veto the trades though, it's still a league vote in this manner: If you want to veto a trade, you must post on the MB why you want to veto the trade. If we got the minimum votes (5 in a 12 team league for us), I, the commish would veto the trade.

I had one guy post that he wanted to veto because he wanted one of the players in the trade so he vetoed. Not a reason to veto. This way is harder, but it forces people to explain their reason for vetoing and filtering out stupid reasons like I had just mentioned.
Best way of dealing with vetos I've heard of. ;-D
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 276)

Return to Baseball Leftovers