Zach Jackson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zach Jackson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zach Jackson?

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:41 am

This guys has been called up and seems to be starting this week for Mil. I know he came over from Toronto (who have a slew of good young arms). But he seems to be the Brewers top major league ready arm (Capellan aside). Can anybody tell me more about him?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spacehamster01 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:50 am

His minor league stats are really nothing special. Last year he had a 2.88 ERA in 10 starts in A Ball but when he went up to AA and AAA his ERA was above 5. Though, this year in 10 starts in AAA, he does have a 3.00 ERA but his K-rate isnt really impressive either. 39 Ks in 57 IP so its decent but probably wont translate to a large amount of Ks in the Majors. He isnt that impressive and according to the stats he probably won't make much of an impact.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 am

Not a great strike out pitcher but the guys is a horse and can do it all but he doesn't have the killer fastball or killer curve.

He is a first round prospect but he is really young. Wasn't he drafted 2004? I can't believe that he is ready yet.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:17 am

Mookie4ever wrote:He is a first round prospect but he is really young. Wasn't he drafted 2004? I can't believe that he is ready yet.

He probably isn't, but unfortunately the situation in Milwaukee dictates his call-up. With 3 starters on the DL and Dana Eveland clearly needing more time, Jackson's being given a shot. For what it's worth, h he had a nice debut for us the other night (1 IP, 2 K, 0.00 WHIP). He had that "ready" look about him, unlike the deer in headlights look that Ben Hendrickson gave off in his starts this year. We'll see I guess.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mrider » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:32 am

I could see him in the future being a strong 4 starter maybe a reasonable 3.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jeter2411 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:29 pm

I was at the game last Sunday when he made his major league debut and he looked good! He touched in the low 90's with his fastball and struck out two while retiring the side in order. He is gonna be a starter for them in the near future but I don't know if he is ready quite yet. The brewers are trying anything until they can get Sheets and/or Ohka back.
jeter2411
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers