Starting new keeper league! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Starting new keeper league!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Starting new keeper league!

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:25 am

I am looking to start a new keeper league, I havent worked out anything just yet. I'd like to start mid season this year and turn into a full time full season keeper. Here is what I have so far

Roto- It must be roto, H2H is almost pointless since ANYONE can win any week in it. Roto you must work to win.

10-14 Managers- Any more leaves talent really thin, Any less leaves too much laying around. 10-12 is what I prefer but I wont mind going a little bit higher.

Yahoo- I know alot of you hate the fantasy game there so this may not be for you. But I really like it and it's what I am use to.

Stats- The basic 5x5 to start with, I' am conisdering adding Holds, Shutouts, OBP, and other stats. this can all be worked out when we get enough members

6 Keepers- I think 6 is plenty of keepers and still leaves a nice crop of guys to draft. If we get 14 managers I'll lower the number to 5 but 10-12 managers will equal 6 keepers

2 years of fantasy baseball, Unless you have played 3 or more years of other fantasy sports with at least 1 year of fantasy baseball. Any less will really leave you at a disadvantage with us other guys.

Cafe Membership- This is only open to Cafe members, I prefer guys with at least 250 post and up. But if your new I will conisder you. The more active at the Cafe the better off we will be in keeping the league active.

Anymore questions feel free to PM me or reply here. I hope to start this mid season so lets get the ball rolling!

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigZ38 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:34 am

I don't have the number of posts, but would be interested in seeing the specs. Do you think you could send me a message on aim to discuss it?
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jmamay » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:43 am

I'm game I have nowhere near the number of posts necessary, but I'm experienced with fantasy baseball and update my teams daily. Only problem is I believe Yahoo limits me to having only 4 teams at a time, which I have. I'm not sure if this changes at mid-season to allow for more teams or not. Nonetheless I'm interested in a 5x5 keeper league.
Jmamay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby NHOI » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:51 pm

i know i dont have enough posts but i'll join if theres a spot
NHOI
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby specificist » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:38 am

i would definitely be interested but just to let you know i have never done a mid-season draft...but i got close to the number of posts you want :-)

btw thanks for the help
i miss my marlins...
specificist
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:40 am

I would consider this, keep me informed through the message system.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dodgers6 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:20 am

im willing to join ;-D
dodgers6
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:26 pm

Let me know how this looks. I really wouldn't do anything less than 12...just no requirements for any smarts....
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby CadensDad » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:40 pm

UPDATE-

I've gotten enough intrest so far, I am ready to start the league and already have, please PM me with your yahoo id link so I can check your history.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby rong » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:22 pm

ooo I'll join. I'll be active.
rong
College Coach
College Coach