Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Seattle Mariners

Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano

Postby Mugrila » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:51 am

anybody else hope soriano gets a chance to show what he can do? i mean, it'd be nice if garcia can get it together, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen. alos, is anybody else unhappy about the lack of trading seattle has done? i think we need just one or two more players to make a serious run in the postseason.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BobbyRoberto » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:47 am

Actually, I've been impressed that Melvin is starting to use Soriano in high-leverage situations in relief. I didn't think Melvin would have the guts to do that, he's so low-key and by-the-book. Soriano's been lights-out, especially lately. If Freddy has a few more crappy games, we might see Soriano in the rotation.

As for trades, when the M's didn't do anything at the trading deadline (July 31), I told friends that Oakland would catch them in the standings by August 8. I was wrong about that, obviously, but I keep expecting Oakland to go on a tear and pass the M's at some point this season.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Hingie » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:45 pm

hmmm... garcias last outing was okay, but if he screws up big time again i think they should try soriano fopr a start. And as for the trades, if it aint broke, don't fix it!
"When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplised both."
Hingie
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Seattle Mariners