Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Why is my team in 8th place??? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why is my team in 8th place??? WHIR

Postby NatsFan10 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:18 pm

I think I have a pretty good team on paper, but it just hasn't shown in the standings. I know I am weak in pitching, but I just completed a trade that I couldn't turn down (I received Tex and filler in return for Smoltz and filler)....I think I will be okay once/if Prior comes back healthy.

Where do I need to improve? Am I lopsided in one particular area? Should I hold tight and wait it out? Any input is appreciated!

;-D

12 team, H2H, keeper

batting cats: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, HBP, K, AVG

pitching cats: IP, W, CG, SV, H, HR, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

C-VMart
1B-Tex
2B-Hall
SS-Furcal
3B-Atkins
OF-Sizemore
OF-Wells
OF-Berkman
UT-Helton
UT-Crisp

Wigginton
E. Encarnacion
Cano
Morneau
Baldelli-DL

Haren
Cain
E. Santana
Jered Weaver
Duke
N. Robertson
Prior-DL

KRod
Dempster
J. Julio
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxbomber » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:36 pm

You could probably use a big power bat since tex has been strugling so far. Once he gets it goin u will prob move up in the standings. Also you need a an ace on your team. Another big bat and a good pitcher would really help
bronxbomber Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby NatsFan10 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:42 pm

bronxbomber wrote:You could probably use a big power bat since tex has been strugling so far. Once he gets it goin u will prob move up in the standings. Also you need a an ace on your team. Another big bat and a good pitcher would really help

I acquired Tex because I thought he would provide the big power bat in my lineup. Obviously he's not doing it right now (although he did have 4 RBI last night...) but I think he can get it done this summer.

I know I need an ace pitcher, that is certainly my main weakness. However, do you think Prior can fill that void once he comes back? I've been trying to trade Helton and a filler for an ace, but nothing has come of it so far. I'm afraid that I would have to give up a lot more for an ace, and that would end up hurting my lineup....shouldn't I just hope and pray that Prior comes back in top shape?
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bronxbomber » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:21 pm

I'm not sure I would rely on Prior
bronxbomber Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby NatsFan10 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:09 am

any other thoughts?
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrider » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:40 am

It hink you should use Morneau and Furcal to try to snag a SS. Also whose available on the WW in terms of starting pitching because I think you could use a pitcher.

Please Helphttp://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=213860
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby cmballer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:32 am

Yeah you are in 8th because of your below average pitching staff.

You have to get an ace. AT LEAST ONE!! Cain and E santana will not cut it. And no I don't think you can count on Prior to come back and save you.

YOUR offense looks pretty decent. I agree getting a better shortstop or third baseman would improve you team.

You should be okay with power (TEX, Berkman and Wells) but I see speed as a problem too. Sizemore is a really good 5 tool player and Furcal has really struggled but no one else on your team even attempts steals.

If you get a shortstop make sure he provides you with some speed. I would try and get Hanley Rameriez maybe for furcal and Morneau.

But your absolute number one priority (the thing that will improve you in the standings immediatly) you have to get an ACE!!! Morneau, Furcal, and Cano all have decent trade value. And if you really want to make a big splash sell high on Vernon.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=212391
cmballer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team