What To Do With Dunn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What To Do With Dunn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:48 pm

KolbSaves wrote:
cordscords wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:Dunn's going to be huge the rest of the season, mark my words. I'd expect a .280 batting average the rest of the way, too. His line drive rate is up from the last two years and his batting average on balls in play is way way down. That means he's hitting the ball better than ever and getting more unlucky than ever. I'm not saying he'll be Albert Pujols, but I expect him to be a top 30 hitter for the rest of the season in a mixed league.

April of 2005 was the last month he hit over .280

7 months without hitting over .280, and only 1 month out of the last 9

Yet out of nowhere, he's gonna hit .280?

Out of, he's hitting the ball better than before. Bold prediction, but that's okay.

I am sure that that .280 prediction has a little to do with the fact that you just traded for him ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:01 pm

wrveres wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:
cordscords wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:Dunn's going to be huge the rest of the season, mark my words. I'd expect a .280 batting average the rest of the way, too. His line drive rate is up from the last two years and his batting average on balls in play is way way down. That means he's hitting the ball better than ever and getting more unlucky than ever. I'm not saying he'll be Albert Pujols, but I expect him to be a top 30 hitter for the rest of the season in a mixed league.

April of 2005 was the last month he hit over .280

7 months without hitting over .280, and only 1 month out of the last 9

Yet out of nowhere, he's gonna hit .280?

Out of, he's hitting the ball better than before. Bold prediction, but that's okay.

I am sure that that .280 prediction has a little to do with the fact that you just traded for him ;-7

Other way around, my friend.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tol1l1yboy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:34 pm

Can someone talk about how crappy Dunn is again and every day for the rest of the year?

This Dunn owner thinks he must be reading the nay-sayers after last nights game ;-D
tol1l1yboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Los_Dodgers wrote:I hate Adam Dunn with an intense, fiery pasison.

Is that the red hot, fiery passion of a thousand suns?
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:10 pm

i think you need to get off the magic dragon :-°
look for more along the lines of a 240-250 avg the rest of the way and ending as a top 50-60 fantasy player overall. good with homers runs and rbis.. but not a good player to have in a roto league :-t i hate him as a fantasy option
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tol1l1yboy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:14 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:i think you need to get off the magic dragon :-°
look for more along the lines of a 240-250 avg the rest of the way and ending as a top 50-60 fantasy player overall. good with homers runs and rbis.. but not a good player to have in a roto league :-t i hate him as a fantasy option

In a league like mine that counts twb as well he is a 4 category stud but I can see why in a traditional 4x4 or even a 5x5 league he wouldnt be as wanted.

Every homerun he hits gets me 4 bases plus all the walks helps drive up his value immensely. :)
tol1l1yboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers