What To Do With Dunn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What To Do With Dunn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What To Do With Dunn

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:33 pm

I am an avid Reds fans, and make it an obligation to pick up Dunn every year because he's going to hit 40 homers a years (despite that career .240 avg)...that being said, he has 1 hr, and 1 rbi in his last ten, and he's been around .230 for the last two weeks, is anyone else getting frustrated with Dunn...
I have Konerko at my other first (who i either play at first or util)...but i also have franceour or casey who could replace dunn...
the only problem is the exact moment i seem to bench dunn, he hits a homer (has already happened a couple times)...
i always seem to win homers every week, but he's helping me to lose avg just about every week...
What do i do with Dunn???

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:39 pm

I honestly think, I can't belive I'm going to say this, that he should bat leadoff much like Youk and Yaz (long time ago) used to do. He'll either hit a HR, WALK, or K. He's that bad with runners in scoring position that he might be the most valuable leading off. He's a good OBP% guy. I gues Lopez should bat 2nd, Griffey 3rd, Kearns 4th. Dunn is horrible with RISP and maybe hitting him in the place where the least runners are on base (1st) will be what the Reds and he need. :-[
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:50 pm

:-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Re: What To Do With Dunn

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:55 pm

thatohiosportsfan wrote:I am an avid Reds fans, and make it an obligation to pick up Dunn every year because he's going to hit 40 homers a years (despite that career .240 avg)...that being said, he has 1 hr, and 1 rbi in his last ten, and he's been around .230 for the last two weeks, is anyone else getting frustrated with Dunn...
I have Konerko at my other first (who i either play at first or util)...but i also have franceour or casey who could replace dunn...
the only problem is the exact moment i seem to bench dunn, he hits a homer (has already happened a couple times)...
i always seem to win homers every week, but he's helping me to lose avg just about every week...
What do i do with Dunn???

Well whatelse did you expect? This is vintage Dunn. He'll hit for a low AVG, plenty of power and not much speed. He looks like the best hitter ever one week and the worst hitter ever the next.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:04 pm

Yeah I'm not sure what else you expected, especially when you said you have picked him up before. Also in H2H his average doesn't hurt as much as most due to his number oof walks and you have lots of other player to make up for it.

My advice is play in a league that replaces average w/ OBP or just stop picking him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Zito is God » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:41 pm

I am a huge Dunn fan but traded him for Bay while Bay was cold and Dunn was hot. Dunn will likely still hit .250-.255, but my advice is to wait for consecutive HR games and then trade him while his value bumps up.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sharksfan1139 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:53 pm

Ive been wondering the same thing...

sharksfan1139
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:01 pm

Zito is God wrote:I am a huge Dunn fan but traded him for Bay while Bay was cold and Dunn was hot. Dunn will likely still hit .250-.255, but my advice is to wait for consecutive HR games and then trade him while his value bumps up.

250-255 in dream land.. look for more along the lines of 240 maybe 245.. but thats a stretch.. i never pick dunn, i cant stand players that give you great hrs great runs but a horrible average.. its actually worse then horrible, he cancels out your best 2 average hitters hes so bad.. plus he gets crappy rbis for 1st baseman getting drafted where he does.. i say stay away, deal him if you can.. but no smart manager wants a player like dunn :-t especially in a roto league
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Los_Dodgers » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:29 pm

I hate Adam Dunn with an intense, fiery pasison.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby benjapage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:09 pm

love the bombs, love the obp.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic