I wish Tracy would bat Sanchez infront of freaking Burnitz
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:25 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I wish the Red Sox could get guys like this. ;-7

Man, how does everyone else get these great young SS like Freddy Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez while we're stuck with Alex Gonzalez? ;-7

please dont compare sanchez to hanley.. freddy will drop off just like all the other young guys do on the pirates.. they are streaky.. hanley atleast has a bunch of sbs to show for it, when freddys average drops hes just a big nothing.. so hes not really a big deal, solid player.. but nothing to go crazy over..

Freddy has not shown any signs of being streaky...he's hit and hit well the entire time he's gotten regular ABs (including last year).
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby kev8821 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:22 am

I am loving F. Sanchez on my squad. He covers so many positions and I plug him in a SS, my weakest position.
kev8821
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:24 am

Man, how does everyone else get these great young SS like Freddy Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez while we're stuck with Alex Gonzalez? ;-7

Be thankful you have David Ortiz lol.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby ravenmad22 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:15 am

activechamp2006 wrote:

please dont compare sanchez to hanley.. freddy will drop off just like all the other young guys do on the pirates.. they are streaky.. hanley atleast has a bunch of sbs to show for it, when freddys average drops hes just a big nothing.. so hes not really a big deal, solid player.. but nothing to go crazy over..

Maybe, but Sanchez was once a top prospect for his high batting average. He's not much of a power hitter or basestealer, so his value lies mostly in BA. I think he can easily finish above 300 for the season with about 15 HR and a decent amount of R and RBI. Very valuable for a SS in NL only play.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mak1277 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:31 am

ravenmad22 wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:

Maybe, but Sanchez was once a top prospect for his high batting average. He's not much of a power hitter or basestealer, so his value lies mostly in BA. I think he can easily finish above 300 for the season with about 15 HR and a decent amount of R and RBI. Very valuable for a SS in NL only play.

If you project his stats out over a full (550 AB) season, right now he's tracking at 90 runs and 90 RBIs. Tough to complain about from someone who probably wasn't drafted in most, if not all, leagues.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby damonhater » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:54 am

He's the guy who's keeping Michael Young on my bench. Who would of thunk it?
damonhater Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mak1277 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:00 am

damonhater wrote:He's the guy who's keeping Michael Young on my bench. Who would of thunk it?

No kidding...I'm ready to bench Rollins for him once some injuries clear up.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:03 am

Man...can't believe I missed a "Dirty" Sanchez thread. :,-( :-b

He's so money. He's hit at every level of baseball, and now he's finally getting a chance to do it every day. He's now our starting 3B...forget Randa. ;-D

Yeah, I wouldn't expect many HR's or steals...depending on where he bats in the lineup he could do well in the runs and RBI department though. Last night he batted 3rd, but that was because Casey was getting a rest. I assume he's going to stay 6th in the order because there's no other place for him. He's not a power bat, and Jack Wilson is doing just fine in the two hole. Castillo has been hitting well, so he'll be OK there. Just think of him as Youkilis in Boston with less HR's (he's batting 6th right now isn't he :-?).

I have owned him in my Cafe league for like three weeks now...I've got him in there at SS. As I've been saying for a while now, "Dirty Sanchez = God." ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diggs » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:06 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Man...can't believe I missed a "Dirty" Sanchez thread. :,-( :-b

He's so money. He's hit at every level of baseball, and now he's finally getting a chance to do it every day. He's now our starting 3B...forget Randa. ;-D

Yeah, I wouldn't expect many HR's or steals...depending on where he bats in the lineup he could do well in the runs and RBI department though. Last night he batted 3rd, but that was because Casey was getting a rest. I assume he's going to stay 6th in the order because there's no other place for him. He's not a power bat, and Jack Wilson is doing just fine in the two hole. Castillo has been hitting well, so he'll be OK there. Just think of him as Youkilis in Boston with less HR's (he's batting 6th right now isn't he :-?).

I have owned him in my Cafe league for like three weeks now...I've got him in there at SS. As I've been saying for a while now, "Dirty Sanchez = God." ;-D

I picked him up more then three weeks ago and I love the kid. However, since Yahoo lists him as "F. Sanchez," I prefer to call him "Filthy Sanchez." ;-D

HTH.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers