Smoltz to pitch on 3 days rest again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Smoltz to pitch on 3 days rest again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Smoltz to pitch on 3 days rest again.

Postby pangbones » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:12 pm

John Smoltz will start Wednesday's game against the Washington on just three days' rest.

Smoltz is going to have to pitch on short rest due to the Braves' rainout on Friday and resulting doubleheader on Saturday. This is the second time this season Smoltz has started a game on three days' rest. His previous start on May 7 against the Mets he allowed three hits and one run in six innings.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I thought Cox was gonna take it easy with the old guy this year. He's been a workhorse. Hope he holds up.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:37 pm

Smoltz has historically struggled on short rest but he had a good game the last time out. I am doing OK in innings so I will most likely sit him.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates