Vote Off: Best Comedy Series - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Vote Off: Best Comedy Series

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:02 pm

I tried to pick the ones that I've heard talked about the most around here. I've honestly never watched an entire episode of Arrested Development, but several here raved about it. The same goes for Futurama. Mad TV and Fraiser were the patsies of the list, easy ones to pickoff to get the game going, which surprised me when Friends went out before Mad TV.

I left off a few that I thought were easily top 5 simply because I wasn't sure how many of the young 'uns here watched them. I would have voted for "All in the Family" the entire way and Blackadder is a very close second.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby squawkya24 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:22 pm

Blackadder is hilarious. Not sure many here have seen it before though.
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 pm

Tavish wrote:I tried to pick the ones that I've heard talked about the most around here. I've honestly never watched an entire episode of Arrested Development, but several here raved about it. The same goes for Futurama. Mad TV and Fraiser were the patsies of the list, easy ones to pickoff to get the game going, which surprised me when Friends went out before Mad TV.

I left off a few that I thought were easily top 5 simply because I wasn't sure how many of the young 'uns here watched them. I would have voted for "All in the Family" the entire way and Blackadder is a very close second.

Blackadder, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Kids in the Hall and All in the Family would be in my top 10. Barney Miller and WKRP would be in my top 20.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Tavish wrote:I tried to pick the ones that I've heard talked about the most around here. I've honestly never watched an entire episode of Arrested Development, but several here raved about it. The same goes for Futurama. Mad TV and Fraiser were the patsies of the list, easy ones to pickoff to get the game going, which surprised me when Friends went out before Mad TV.

Blackadder, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Kids in the Hall and All in the Family would be in my top 10. Barney Miller and WKRP would be in my top 20.

Those are some solid choices, but where does "You Can't Do That on Television" rank? If you put it out of the Top 5 does that renounce your Canadian citizenship? ;-7

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:43 pm

Tavish wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Those are some solid choices, but where does "You Can't Do That on Television" rank? If you put it out of the Top 5 does that renounce your Canadian citizenship? ;-7

LOL!
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:19 pm

Tavish wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

8-o where did you hear about that show? That's as bad as SCTV, Just Like Mom, Degrassi and Saved by the Bell (although I don't think Saved by the Bell is Canadian - still terrible though).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

8-o where did you hear about that show? That's as bad as SCTV, Just Like Mom, Degrassi and Saved by the Bell (although I don't think Saved by the Bell is Canadian - still terrible though).

They used to play that show on Nickelodeon all the time. I watched it religiously when I was a kid. That and Turkey TV.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:17 pm

"You Can't Do That On Television" got old real fast for me when i was a kid. It was like Saturday Night Live for teens going through puberty; almost every joke was related to "bodily changes."

There was one skit that was great though that sticks out in my mind. So this kid goes to pee and when he comes back his mom goes in the bathroom and gets all upset because he "missed." So he's all upset, saying he didn't do it, blah, blah, blah. So, the next time he goes to the bathroom, as soon as he leaves, a scuba diver pops out of the toilet with a water gun and shoots the floor in front of the toilet! So, of course, when mom goes back in she's all upset again. Oh my, did hilarity ensue!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:56 pm

what's next? How about Reality TV?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:21 am

Coppermine wrote:"You Can't Do That On Television" got old real fast for me when i was a kid. It was like Saturday Night Live for teens going through puberty; almost every joke was related to "bodily changes."

There was one skit that was great though that sticks out in my mind. So this kid goes to pee and when he comes back his mom goes in the bathroom and gets all upset because he "missed." So he's all upset, saying he didn't do it, blah, blah, blah. So, the next time he goes to the bathroom, as soon as he leaves, a scuba diver pops out of the toilet with a water gun and shoots the floor in front of the toilet! So, of course, when mom goes back in she's all upset again. Oh my, did hilarity ensue!

what do ya thinks in the burgers?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk