And Then There Were Three--Part Deux. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

And Then There Were Three--Part Deux.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

And Then There Were Three--Part Deux.

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:25 am

Alright, since some of you questioned our ability to count :-D ... here's the latest from the Cafe's admin world! With hindsight, seems like some of you already anticipated the writing on the wall, when in fact the future was still just a twinkle in our own eyes. Anyway, now the plans are clear - so, without much ado, here's your friendly admin team for the many years to come:

The Webhamster recently got a new running wheel as a birthday present, which he's all excited about. Essentially, he will be doing even more miles than he used to, plus, with the upcoming football season, he will also be challenging you guys in the Cafe's games }:-) (stay tuned!).

Menyak will continue building and working on new toys for all of us, that's when he's at his best and happy. He'll also be managing the site and putting in the hours for all the dark and dull background work which is so easily forgotten but without which the Cafe couldn't exist. He still plans to enter his first fantasy league here at the Cafe, and although it probably won't work out this year, then (probably) next year!

Myself, I'll be doing a lot of what Arlo used to do, but I'll also be assisting Menyak in some of the dull and grey stuff. ;-) Those on the baseball side pretty well know that I love a good conversation about most any topic, and I hope to share good, solid conversations with everyone here as time passes, and we all get to know each other. I also am at my best when I have a ton of responsibility on my shoulders, and I'm busting my tail to do whatever I can to help, or make things better. Helps me to sleep at night knowing I put in a solid hard day's work and helped people in some way in the process. So basically I put in long hours, seven days a week, but I also get the enjoyment of solid conversation and being a part of a fantastic community of people. I'm easy, so that works just fine for me. :-)

As to Arlo, over the years he discovered that managing a website is quite different from just writing articles or answering fantasy questions. As the workload grew, the difference became ever so clear, so he has ultimately decided to resign his post as a Cafe admin. It seems like his plans for the future aren't all that specific yet (so don't ask ;-) ) but the time ahead (which may or may not include some absence from the Cafe') should help him focus on the things he truely wants to do. Needless to say that Arlo is still a distinguished, highly respected, and welcome member here at the Cafe', but if/when you see him around, please don't start slamming him with forum requests, article writeups, and things of that nature, as he's here for the pure enjoyment factor. Go ahead and slam me with those requests instead.

So to sum it up, while all of this is part of a major reshuffle to bring you the best service possible, I'll basically be replacing Arlo in his admin duties. This was always a possible option to begin with, but we first needed to look at the present situation, see if and how it would work out, and eventually try to make the transition as smooth as possible. My apologies for beating around the bush in my responses to the PM's, and not really giving much in the way of an answer, but it was the best I could do at the time as some final details/decisions had yet to be worked out. I also didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them or their questions, so I felt like I had to send something back, I was just very limited as to what exactly I could say at the time, as there was no way in knowing what would happen when, let alone how long it would take.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during the last couple of weeks while the transition took place, and good luck to everyone in their fantasy leagues this year! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:50 am

wow that's huge news.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby EugeneStyles » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:43 am

We'll miss you Obi Wan Arlo... :~(

Hopefully any absence from the Cafe will be short, but if not, good luck with everything. ;-D
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:32 am

Good luck in all future endevors.

Thank you for eveything you've done.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:34 am

Best of luck to you Arlo, and thanks for everything. Hope to see you around the cafe sometime soon. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:10 pm

Thanks for all the help and a great site. Good luck with anything and everything in the future. ;-D
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Obi Wan you have trained young Madison well. I sense that the force is strong in this one.

I'm sure that you will be around. But make sure that you keep in touch and thanks for everything.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:21 pm

You'll be missed Arlo. I wish all the best with whatever you decide to do.

Stay safe and once again, thank you. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Another Blown Save » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:27 pm

Thank you, and great luck
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Gags Sports » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:40 pm

Thanks for a great site, your hard work is much appreciated. Good luck in the future!!!
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to General Talk