Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

i like my team but i want more OFFENSE! (whir of course)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

i like my team but i want more OFFENSE! (whir of course)

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:01 am

yo guys, i've made a couple trades lately, trying to build my team around a powerful offense, but it turns out that by trading away my aces and holding onto these middle-tier/high potential pitchers, my pitching is still carrying my team more than my offense b/c every1's pitching well. however, i still want to get more power in my offense, as well as support in runs and sb's. which pitchers of mine should i dangle out for trade bait and who could i get for them? help me get some more offense and i'll respond to any links you guys give me, thanks!

by the way, what do u think of my team right now? i'm currently in 3rd place and winning 10-2 this week. thanks in advance!

non-keeper, daily transactions
10 team, h2h.
hits, runs, hr, rbi, avg, stls
wins, k's, era, whip, k/9, saves

c. joe mauer
1b. richie sexson
2b. jorge cantu (mike lowell for now)
3b. hank blalock
ss. rafael furcal
of. manny ramirez
of. vladimir guerrero
of. jermaine dye
u. jonny gomes
u. corey patterson
bench. brad wilkerson
DL. gary sheffield

sp. john smoltz
sp. andy pettitte
sp. john lackey
rp. joe nathan
rp. brad lidge
p. armando benitez
p. mike gonzalez
p. francisco liriano
bench. barry zito, javier vazquez, jeremy bonderman, danny haren, boof bonser, jered weaver
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mgblues » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:19 am

The guys I would probably dangle don't have that much trade value right now: Smoltz, Lackey & Pettitte. I would be afraid of getting rid of too much talent unless you can find someone very rich in offense who are incredibly poor in pitching. THat way you could make the swap worthwhile.

Thanks for your help on mine. I appreciate it.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:16 pm

u wont be able to get much that the guy above mentioned..

i think u should try to sell vazquez/haren high.. even though both of them are very good

but if you want some huge bats then this will get u them..

just look at a few teams that have really bad pitching..

and pick out a couple players u like and make offers

team looks solid
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -31)

Postby Weasel_King » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:39 pm

Ya- I would attempt to sell high on Vazquez for a power bat. not Haren though, who doesn't have that good overall numbers so far, but should improve drasticly. I also think that Sexson is done- he's hitting 0.013 points above the Mendoza line.

Thanks for the help with mine!
:-D
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dem' Cowboys » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:46 pm

[quote="mgblues"]The guys I would probably dangle don't have that much trade value right now: Smoltz, Lackey & Pettitte. I would be afraid of getting rid of too much talent unless you can find someone very rich in offense who are incredibly poor in pitching. THat way you could make the swap worthwhile.

Thanks for helping with mine. I agree but I think the one guy you should dangle right now is Weaver. He is pitching outta his arse right now and he should get you someone very nice..He is a very hot commodity right now and if you can find the right team you should do very well trading him.
Dem' Cowboys
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sj2k » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:52 pm

first of all I like your offense as is. I think you, if anything, need to improve your pitching staff. Though I agree vasquez is a sell high, hold onto haren, he will only get better, had a big second half last year. U may want to play wilkerson at first instead of sexson, and trade him away on his name basis. Sure, he could rebound, but Id on't think so, and the longer he hits .200, the harder it will be to trade him. Find someone who still believes in him.
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby cubsfan18 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:37 am

I would really try to improve on Pettitte and Gonzalez if I were you. Otherwise, your team is pretty sweet.

As far as pitchers for trade bait go, if you wanna sell high, maybe do so on Zito. That being said, I would definitely be starting Zito or Vazquez over Pettitte right now if I were you.
GO CUBBIES!!!!!! Next year is finally here!
cubsfan18
College Coach
College Coach

Location: At U.S. Cellular cheering for whatever team the White Sox are playing - it doesn't matter which.

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team