eBay problem that could get nasty - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

eBay problem that could get nasty

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

eBay problem that could get nasty

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:14 am

I sold a digital camera on eBay. She paid and I went and shipped at the post office. I filled out a form showing that I shipped the item to her address and that if she didn't get the box in the mail, it would be returned to me. It's a month later. I have not had the box returned to me. So she sends me this email and says:
"Where is the USB cable? I thought it would have come with the cable."

I email her back telling her that I specifically stated what the auction was for- camera and original memory card. Not that the USB cord is a big deal, but whatever.

So then two days later she emails me claiming that she never received the item and wants a refund. So now through email we're getting in this huge arguement about how she's going to file a suit through Paypal and eBay and all that if I don't give her a refund.

Anyone know how Paypal/eBay handles this stuff? I'm going to forward them the email from her where she specifically asks about the contents of the package, noting details only someone who opened the package would know. Also, I'm going to scan in a copy of the shipping receipt I have and send that to them too if it they ask for proof of shipping and all that. Any advice? Anyone ever deal with something like this?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:25 am

do you have any sort of tracking information? what is the buyer's feedback record?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:32 am

RugbyD wrote:do you have any sort of tracking information? what is the buyer's feedback record?
It didn't track, only showed that it shipped. She has 97 feedback. 2 negatives in the past month.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby suppasonic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:36 am

Did your eBay auction page say anything about a USB cord?
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:40 am

I had a problem a couple months ago through eBay (I got scammed and didn't get the item). I filed a complaint through PayPal (which is the only way to do it if that is how she payed), and there is a process by which PayPal handles disputes. If you look under My Account>Resolution Center>Tutorials it will explain that process. If you saved emails and shipping receipts you should be ok, but if she files a dispute I might get on the phone with paypal then to explain your situation so you get the facts on the table.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:46 am

suppasonic wrote:Did your eBay auction page say anything about a USB cord?
Nope. I stated clearly and exactly: Items included in this auction are the camera itself and the memory card. I said nothing about the USB cable. She asked me in an email why it wasn't in there.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:05 am

You should be fine with the e-mail asking about the USB and the shipping receipt.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:04 am

You will be fine. Keep those emails though. Also, have the reciept for shipping on hand. Call paypal and note it. Whats your rating by the way?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CadensDad » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:18 am

You should be fine if you have your paper showing where you shipped the camera, scan it and e-mail a copy to e-bay so they know.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:18 am

acsguitar wrote:You will be fine. Keep those emails though. Also, have the reciept for shipping on hand. Call paypal and note it. Whats your rating by the way?
I only have one negative out of 120 transactions and that came from when I won some Cubs tickets, he wanted $120 more than the price I won the tickets for and I refused to pay. Of course, he left negative feedback for me.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk