Pujols likely DL bound - likely out 4-6 weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pujols likely DL bound - likely out 4-6 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:55 am

broomulack wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:I heard some report on some XM radio station that supposedly, the Pujols injury is not in fact real. This does make sense seeing how it looked impossible to get hurt on the play he did.

They are saying he tested positive for roids & that this is some type of cover up.

MLB couldnt survive the golden boy being busted for roids right now with all the crap with Bonds.

Just a theory I heard today.

So they are going to have him sit out for a month rather than just accept the 10 game suspension? Riiiight. Conspiracy theories abound.

its not 10 now, its 50 and thats the most bogus thing ive ever heard.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby broomulack » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:58 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
broomulack wrote:So they are going to have him sit out for a month rather than just accept the 10 game suspension? Riiiight. Conspiracy theories abound.

its not 10 now, its 50 and thats the most bogus thing ive ever heard.

Did that take effect already? I thought it was next year. Didn't Matt Lawton get 10 games?
broomulack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:45 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:I heard some report on some XM radio station that supposedly, the Pujols injury is not in fact real. This does make sense seeing how it looked impossible to get hurt on the play he did.

They are saying he tested positive for roids & that this is some type of cover up.

MLB couldnt survive the golden boy being busted for roids right now with all the crap with Bonds.

Just a theory I heard today.
:-t :-t :-t Unfounded.

I heard that it was because Pujols is really an alien from another planet, and his powers were starting to wear off so he had to return to his planet to recover.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:56 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I heard that it was because Pujols is really an alien from another planet, and his powers were starting to wear off so he had to return to his planet to recover.

My god...if his powers were starting to fade imagine what he'll be doing after he returns to Earth!!! ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby johnsamo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:32 pm

Not all big and strong guys are juicers... Some are just genetically blessed, but a lot of boys in their teens and young men in their early 20s can pack on muscle at a very fast rate because of puberty. And after that, humans can get more muscle mass for decades, but at a slower rate. When I was 16, I was frankly shocked how much muscle I added during off-season twice a week weight training for football. I was already built for my age from farm work and a lot of athletics, but once I started the weights, I got huge. Likewise, in college, I lifted about every 3rd day and was getting ripped. So much so I quit because I didn't want to look like a gym rat... I haven't lifted since, but if I were a pro athlete with a heavy off-season training program, I suspect I'd be a rumored steroid user.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, its not impossible, especially when a man has the bone strutcture for it, to get really big if they work out regularly. Look at Nolan Ryan and Clemens. They were big at the end of their careers, but that was over decades of intense training... It's the guys who suddenly get huge and ripped that are the likely juicers, or the guys who in their late 20's (not naming names) who suddenly get bigger feet.

Another big red neon sign that somebody is juiced is when they lift a lot during the season. With the usual wear and tear of playing 162 games, a non juiced player would be foolish to lift a lot during the season. They'd play too many games with sore muscles not yet healed from the weight lifting.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:39 am

Has there been any update on his condition lately? Is he feeling at all better, worse :-o ?

When is his next MRI?
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:37 pm

2nd MRI was going to be about 2 weeks after the first one.

Pujols statement was that he was going to take it slow coming back. He was going to wait until he was 100% because he'd rather come back healthy than come back and reinjure himself.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Richie Rich » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:29 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:2nd MRI was going to be about 2 weeks after the first one.

Pujols statement was that he was going to take it slow coming back. He was going to wait until he was 100% because he'd rather come back healthy than come back and reinjure himself.
Good Call
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates